So pit, I was thinking about putting together a medley of Placebo's (that's a band) songs and playing it while people are walking into my school's guitar concert this Tuesday. It's kind of a last minute thing and I'll have to have it perfect by Tuesday- which I'm confident I can do. But I just wondered if you think this is a good, or not-so-good idea.

And if you're a Placebo fan, suggestions for songs or parts of songs to play wouldn't hurt
Meh, Placebo is just a fake rip off, they're only famous because people think they're good, because people don't know they're actually listening to a fake band.

trollface.jpg

Kidding, it would be good, but I'd probably do something like Big Sur Moon by Buckethead to set the scene.

EDIT: I should add, I played Big Sur Moon in the same situative event as yours, and I got a lot of good remarks for it. But I should note it was a formal seating, and the people entering were told to not make noise as they were walking in, which made it slightly more dramatic.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 28, 2011,
Quote by Mark Roxx
That song is beyond my ability unless you suggest playing it at a slower tempo

I strongly doubt that, it's just 1/8th notes with a delay pedal. It sounds awesomely epic.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I strongly doubt that, it's just 1/8th notes with a delay pedal. It sounds awesomely epic.

Oh I see, the sounds are deceiving in that song. I don't have a delay pedal. Also, I'm most likely playing on an acoustic.
Quote by Mark Roxx
So pit, I was thinking about putting together a medley of Placebo's (that's a band) songs and playing it while people are walking into my school's guitar concert this Tuesday. It's kind of a last minute thing and I'll have to have it perfect by Tuesday- which I'm confident I can do. But I just wondered if you think this is a good, or not-so-good idea.

And if you're a Placebo fan, suggestions for songs or parts of songs to play wouldn't hurt

On your own? With acoustic guitar and vocals this will be brilliant, with distorted electric guitar or without vocals it will probably be a disaster.

As far as song choices, go for the big hits. Nancy Boy, Pure Morning, The Bitter End, Infra-Red (not a big hit, just a personal favourite ) Meds, Every You Every Me, should be awesome
Quote by SilentHeaven109
On your own? With acoustic guitar and vocals this will be brilliant, with distorted electric guitar or without vocals it will probably be a disaster.

As far as song choices, go for the big hits. Nancy Boy, Pure Morning, The Bitter End, Infra-Red (not a big hit, just a personal favourite ) Meds, Every You Every Me, should be awesome

I can't sing
Quote by Mark Roxx
I can't sing

Then I'm going to have to say go for the big cliches, like Fur Elise.

Bitches love Fur Elise.
Quote by Twist of fate
I thought you meant a medley that's supposed sound like a medley or make the audience think it's a medley but you're really just chillin sitting on the amp having a beer.

Um no, it's an acoustic medley of the more interesting guitar parts of their songs, so I figure they would know it's a medley; not necessarily know it's a placebo medley unless they know placebo.

Quote by laid-to-waste
Then I'm going to have to say go for the big cliches, like Fur Elise.

Bitches love Fur Elise.

I don't plan on doing it unless I'm doing placebo songs.
Last edited by Mark Roxx at May 28, 2011,