I'm a beginning guitar player of about 2 months now, and I have a Fender Starcaster Electric Guitar.

My guitar didn't really come setup right, I've had to toy around with everything and I've gotten to learn some along with that. Anyway, I had High E and G string buzz, but I fixed the E by messing with the string tree. Now the G string still buzzes like crazy, but only when played open. If I touch the tuner, the post, or just hold the string down myself it doesn't buzz whatsoever.

Any advice?
could just need the saddle raised slightly.

As an aside, starcasters in general are not the best instruments - even starting out, you'll run into problems that will actually discourage you from learning. I would say if you can't upgrade then at least get a professional set up to solve some of the most blatant issues. If you can upgrade, even to something like a Squier Stratocaster Bullet ($119 new), Dean Evo (not sure on price, but cheap), or any low level Ibanez you are going to be a lot happier, I believe.

I'm usually an advocate for lower priced gear but the few starcasters I've had my hands on were really unpleasant instruments.
Quote by katalyzt13
could just need the saddle raised slightly.

As an aside, starcasters in general are not the best instruments - even starting out, you'll run into problems that will actually discourage you from learning. I would say if you can't upgrade then at least get a professional set up to solve some of the most blatant issues. If you can upgrade, even to something like a Squier Stratocaster Bullet ($119 new), Dean Evo (not sure on price, but cheap), or any low level Ibanez you are going to be a lot happier, I believe.

I'm usually an advocate for lower priced gear but the few starcasters I've had my hands on were really unpleasant instruments.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I had a very guitar experienced friend help me adjust some things on it, and all that, but honestly I take what I can get. I also have a cheap first act I got for free, but I haven't really messed around with it. I would honestly really prefer a low end Ibanez, but I really can't afford anything at this point.