Hey guys. i was looking into eventually getting an Ibanez RG470MH and noticed it had an Edge Zero bridge and i was wondering how it compared to the Edge III bridge. anyone had any problems out of it so far? i was looking at it because i dont have any guitars with a double locking trem on it right now, and for some of the songs ive written i would like to have something with a stable whammy bar on it. im not gonna go Vai on it but it needs to work. any opinions?
Its brilliant.

EdgeIII sucks.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yeah, ive heard a lot of bad things about the edge III which is what attracted me to this model. Saw it in an issue of musiciansfriend catalogue and it said it had a Wizard III neck. is that a misprint?
just double checked the guitar your buying,

it doesnt have an edge zero, it has the lo trs which was a shit trem, but for similar money you should be able to find a used 550.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You mean the edge zero ii bridge right?

Those are new so are pretty much untested. i personally wouldnt risk it but ya.. They might be ok

Edit: tom he means the new rg470mhs with the edge zero ii

He should still look for a used rg550 though
or even a rg520qs if he wants a mahogany rg.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at May 28, 2011,

Thanks Angus. Silly me, either way TS look for a 2nd hand 550, the Edge Zero II felt cheap and nasty when I played it, I cant see it becoming a future classic.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
just to clarify, im looking at this guitar
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG470MH-Electric-Guitar?sku=H69989

as i said, it doesnt have to be the most amazing trem ever as im not gonna use it much, just on a few songs. i might look into the 550 depending on how much i can find it for. im also planning to but an Epiphone Tribute Les Paul Standard so it depends what my funds allow
You can definitely afford a rg550 or rg520qs if you're looking at that guitar dude. EASY to get those on the used market for less usually.
i mean im buying the LP for sure, but im also looking to possibly get a guitar with a trem with it at the same time. The LP is the more important purchase to me though