Is it possible to connect a Fender Mustang V head to a Marshall MC212 (2*12) cabinet?
thx
Cab's should be rated as much as the head. However, unless you're going to be cranking the head then that mismatch shouldn't be too bad.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Well, actually, the cab should be rated higher than the amp not to generate excess speaker distortion and deterioration. Yor setup is ok as long as you don't go over 7 on master volume.
Quote by Ace Carson
Well, actually, the cab should be rated higher than the amp not to generate excess speaker distortion and deterioration. Yor setup is ok as long as you don't go over 7 on master volume.

Not really true. Some people like speaker distortion. A cab rated the same as the amp is perfectly fine.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
IN SHORT: You'll be fine as long as you don't put the head to 10.

the end.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
what's the impedance?

the mustang is solid state. it's only ever going to put out 150 watts.

even less if the impedance is mismatched umm upwards? downwards. might wanna check that.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Major Sparky
Not really true. Some people like speaker distortion. A cab rated the same as the amp is perfectly fine.

Well, I've run a fender twin through a couple of 60W speakers and the sound got really shitty past about 6 or 7. Swapped to a pair of 100W and the grunge was gone. Assuming that twins are pretty clean on these volumes - this time I've heard the real speaker distorion and believe you me - you won't like it. Most people talking about speaker distortion probably mean output stage, the PI or the OT distortion.
Quote by Ace Carson
Well, I've run a fender twin through a couple of 60W speakers and the sound got really shitty past about 6 or 7. Swapped to a pair of 100W and the grunge was gone. Assuming that twins are pretty clean on these volumes - this time I've heard the real speaker distorion and believe you me - you won't like it. Most people talking about speaker distortion probably mean output stage, the PI or the OT distortion.

I have heard speaker distortion. And I do like it.

I completely forgot about impedance. Make sure they match as well.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401