Hi everyone. I’m trying to get back to the guitar playing since a long time. Currently I have an Epiphone Special II guitar, a Line 6 Spider III (75W) amp and some effects pedals, but I want to upgrade my guitar in order to fall in love again with the practicing routine and eventually start gigging. What I’m looking for in a guitar is light weight, versatility and easiness to upgrade. I have a limited budget of $300 top. My musical styles goes from classic rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, etc) to Alternative (Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins), definitely not metal. On this price range I was thinking in something like the Schecter Omen 6, the Ibanez RG321 or the ESP LTD M-103 Flame Maple. Please give me your opinions on these guitars and feel free to suggest other in this price range and according to my needs. Thanks a lot.
I personally like the Ibanez RG321, but just because the Wizard necks are awesome. I would go with that, and then down the road put some better pickups in it.
Quote by supersac
i second the rg
and the better pick ups

also at the risk of meeming
i think you need a new amp

Yeah, the Line 6 Spider amps seriously are lacking. If you like modelers, everyone seems to like the Peavey Vypyr (sp?).
yeah ditch the line 6 get a vypyr
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Just don't try out tube amps. Once I got my fender blues jr, I barely touch my vypyr anymore. Solid state amps just don't sound as good as tube amps..

This is just my experience, your mileage may vary.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Well the amp upgrade its going to take a while : ) But regarding to the guitars, had anyone tried the Schecter? I've read a lot of good things about this brand. Thanks for your replays
I've heard a lot of good things about Schecter, and they supposedly have pretty good necks, too.
Look at the Schecter Omen Solo 6 it even has coil taping wich will give you lots of tonal variations.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The RG for sure for the guitar. I have had 6 Made in Japan (I.E. Prestige or Prestige quality) Ibanez guitars in the past year or so, and that specific model still intruiges me. I've played them on a couple different occasions and they feel nice to me, almost as nice as my MIJ ones. If I find a cheap used one I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up. Seriously the best budget guitar I've played. It would be fun to mod too.

Your definitely going to need a new amp very soon as well, maybe a used Valveking for your music?