Today is my girlfriends 18th birthday and tonight she wants to go to a club across across the border to celebrate. I am in no way into the club scene at all and I don't want to go, but you gotta do what ya gotta do, right? Anyway, what am I supposed to wear? I was originally going to go in jeans and a regular button-up shirt, but I'm hearing that my sisters friend was once not allowed in a club because he was wearing converse. Now I don't know what to do...

My girlfriend asked her gay friend, and he said to wear a dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. Not that I know anything, but isn't that a bit too much?

I hate to sound like a pansy about this whole thing, but I don't want to have to walk back to the border to California because my pants weren't nice enough.
LARGE TEXT
**** bitches, get money, smoke trees. Go to a metal concert instead brah, no dress code, you can even come naked.
pinga
Button up and slacks with any kind of shoes but sneakers and you'll be fine/a bit overdressed.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
All depends on the club. Some let you in with jeans and trainers and casual clothes but a lot of others that are classier require you to dress in smart casual like a shirt and trousers. Ask her about what type of club it is and then judge from there. Or if you really dont know, ask her what to wear! Im sure she will be happy to help out
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at May 28, 2011,
like the man up there said, depends on the club , even if you arent allowed in im sure there are tons of other places besides that one club you could just walk to.
Maybe not though im in montreal , every block has like 4 clubs and 4 bars...
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by leony03
All depends on the club. Some let you in with jeans and trainers and casual clothes but a lot of others that are classier require you to dress in smart casual like a shirt and trousers. Ask her about what type of club it is and then judge from there. Or if you really dont know, ask her what to wear! Im sure she will be happy to help out

She is no help at all, unfortunately.

I don't know what type of club it is, but I found these videos on the internet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8bdR1yYnrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pATzAafPmE

Quote by ShortSpaceWAng
like the man up there said, depends on the club , even if you arent allowed in im sure there are tons of other places besides that one club you could just walk to.
Maybe not though im in montreal , every block has like 4 clubs and 4 bars...

Yeah, but you have to realize that she told all her friends to go to a specific club. Also, I don't know if you heard of Mexicali, Baja California, but it's not a very safe place to be walking around in at night.
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at May 28, 2011,

To complete the look, do the Carlton as well. Just pray the DJ has some Tom Jones.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
ts, your avatar is sexy.
that is all.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
hold on, what kind of club are you talking about? an f'n golf club?

first off, jeans are perfect. and i get into clubs all the time with converse, torn jeans and a small t'shirt

plus as long as your girlfriends pretty, you can probably dress like a baby and still get in...

so unless your planning on going to a bowling ally, then you shouldnt worry about it
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
Quote by Holy.

Yeah, but you have to realize that she told all her friends to go to a specific club. Also, I don't know if you heard of Mexicali, Baja California, but it's not a very safe place to be walking around in at night.

Looks dark, why would anyone care what you're wearing?
Plus if you aren't allowed in because of your dress, then you don't have to go in the club, and then won't you be happy?
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.

thats just an example of what i was wearing last night up in tha club wit ma bitchez
Quote by Holy.

Yeah the guys in there are wearing smart casual clothes. Nice shirt and trousers and smart shoes. Thats what i can tell from the videos but even if it isnt that smart of a dress code, you will look the classiest out of everyone and you will look good for your appearance Hope this helps!

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
To be honest, I don't think we can help you. Dress codes for clubs are pretty varied between places: some places here let you wear shorts and thongs (flip-flops for you Americans, don't get any ideas ), and some places demand you wear nothing less than semi-formal attire. Unless you can name the specific place you're going to, and by some chance a person who knows that place sees this, I don't really think there's anything you can do.

To be on the safe side, I'd say button up shirt, dress pants, and bitchin' shoes like these:

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at May 28, 2011,
Quote by Eliyahu
Looks dark, why would anyone care what you're wearing?
Plus if you aren't allowed in because of your dress, then you don't have to go in the club, and then won't you be happy?

Ruining my girlfriends night wasn't on my agenda.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
Ruining my girlfriends night wasn't on my agenda.

This man has the right attitude! She will know that whatever happens, youve tried your best

Quote by angusfan16
here you cant go wrong with , dress shirt long sleves a single color, nice dark jeans , and vans and make sure your hair looks good.
Do you know the cover charge of the place if there is one?
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by Holy.
Today is my girlfriends 18th birthday and tonight she wants to go to a club across across the border to celebrate. I am in no way into the club scene at all and I don't want to go, but you gotta do what ya gotta do, right? Anyway, what am I supposed to wear? I was originally going to go in jeans and a regular button-up shirt, but I'm hearing that my sisters friend was once not allowed in a club because he was wearing converse. Now I don't know what to do...

My girlfriend asked her gay friend, and he said to wear a dress shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. Not that I know anything, but isn't that a bit too much?

I hate to sound like a pansy about this whole thing, but I don't want to have to walk back to the border to California because my pants weren't nice enough.

Wear nothing.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
...Nothin' at all.

...Nothin' at all.

Stupid sexy Flanders.

Threadstarter, 95% of the time a dress/button-up shirt, decent jeans, and any shoes that aren't torn up will suffice.
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng
here you cant go wrong with , dress shirt long sleves a single color, nice dark jeans , and vans and make sure your hair looks good.
Do you know the cover charge of the place if there is one?

I was thinking this. I'm not wearing dress pants, its just seems too weird for a club like that.

Thanks to everyone for helping me.
LARGE TEXT
Well if you girlfriend's 18th birthday doesn't turn into you getting killed and her being raped then killed by the Mexican Cartel....

......just pick something fancy, you're obviously going to not be let in for wearing a regular t-shirt, like something Hyde would wear on 70's show, if you want to wear a t-shirt go for something like you would wear for a rap video
Glad i could help oh you could also wear this........

Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror

Spiderman costume. if your gf goes not like it, you're with the wrong girl.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Why the hell would you go to Mexico? I'm assuming it's to drink right? Now I don't know how dangerous that area of Mexico is compared to where I'm near but I would not risk my life for a drink.

But if you must....

May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

I got in once with cargo pants and a dress shirt over a metal t-shirt. Good times.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Listen to her gay friend. I'd let a gay guy dress me up for a club

Some clubs don't let you in if you're wearing regular shoes, but some are okay with. Best to go with dress shoes and a button up shirt.