So I've never seen a thread on this, and wanted to see how the Pit is involved with stuff like this.

I've been doing Relay For Life for a few years, since I was a junior (I think? maybe senior) in high school, so for about 4-5 years. I took a couple years off because of Army stuff, living on my own, couldn't really do it. However for about a year now I've been living with my wife, who's a HUGE Relayer, so we've gotten back into it in our new city

I've just been a team member. Never any kinda leadership.

My wife's always been super gung-ho about it, and likes taking on leadership positions. She's the Event Co-Chair (or something) for the Lakewood, Washington, Relay for Life. She loves doing it and so do I

Personally, I do it because of a close friend's mom who died from cancer when we were young in high school. My grandfather also died from Cancer, when I was little. A close friend of mine, here at work, is also a Cancer survivor.

I think it's really important to volunteer, and I think that Relay for Life is one of the best organizations out there for stuff like this.

For those who don't know, it's a fundraising organization/event for the American Cancer Society. It's the biggest one in the country/world.

Does anyone else here participate?

PPS: I was involved in the Pembroke Pines Relay for Life in Florida, and am now involved in the Lakewood Relay for Life in Washington
My God, it's full of stars!
I participated twice :P so for 2 years straight i did it

you are talking about the 12 walk for cancer right :P?
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng
I participated twice :P so for 2 years straight i did it

you are talking about the 12 walk for cancer right :P?

Yep. 12-24 hours
I did it twice I think, back when I was in high school. It's fun, but my legs always hated me for the next couple of days.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Ok :P then yes i did it proud too admit i walked full non stop for the 12 hours , its great too.
it was on hot summer nights.

You get to meet great people , have great fun
Its a really great experience.
We only walked around a Track around a football field.
Still a great experience seeing people come together.

Wierd thing is , i dont remember why i started it , i never really lost anyone personal to cancer thankfully
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
yea i have done it since my aunt got cancer several years ago, but sadly see isn't here anymore. I still do it.
I play guitar.
Sorry to hear that

at least you can say you did something in her memory
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
I went once after my aunt died.

I thought people were very disrespectful during the emotional parts of the nights so I never went back.
Quote by HeatMaster22
I went once after my aunt died.

I thought people were very disrespectful during the emotional parts of the nights so I never went back.

Really??

I've never seen that at the ones I've been to
That's unfortunate