I've been playing for about 4 years, and I still have some trouble with one barre chord shape. When I do the F minor shape, the inner part of the joint of my index finger is right over the G string and I cannot get it to ring out without buzzing. Tips?

edit: this is only problematic on acoustic
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Last edited by Swannie at May 28, 2011,
Turn your finger on its side and push through the pain and hope you get a switch fast.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
Turn your finger on its side and push through the pain and hope you get a switch fast.

What the ****? You should never play through any sort of pain because it's your body's way of telling you you're not playing correctly and harming yourself.

TS, think about how you're positioning your hands and how you're sitting. Try out different positions and see which works best for you.

You don't need much pressure to do a good barre at all, you just need the right position.