Will Made in Japan Fender guitars and/or guitar parts become more rare and expensive due to the earthquake that recently happened there?
Not that much. But radioactive guitar parts (because of the nuclear reactor damage) are actually sought after for certain genres of experimental music.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Not that much. But radioactive guitar parts (because of the nuclear reactor damage) are actually sought after for certain genres of experimental music.

No, I meant since most of the buildings are destroyed over there, I don't know if the Fender factory is as well, but probably is, thus stopping production of MIJ Fenders and possibly raising costs for new ones.
Quote by NoSpoonDimensio
No, I meant since most of the buildings are destroyed over there, I don't know if the Fender factory is as well, but probably is, thus stopping production of MIJ Fenders and possibly raising costs for new ones.

The Fender factory is ok, but the guitars are contaminated with radiation so shipping costs more.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by NoSpoonDimensio

All of the guitar factories survived the quake and subsequent tsunami. I dont know where you got 'most of the buildings are destroyed' but its certainly false.

There are MIJ Fenders as far as the eye can see, and none of them are glowing green.
Radioactive stuff doesn't glow green. It just affects the tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

the green glow will soon be deemed the best finish by TGP and soon will be hyped as allowing the guitar to breathe better than vintage nitro finishes. thus, the resale value will soar. don't expect for sightings to go down, simply prices to go up.
So if I just bought a MIJ Fender on eBay, will I get radioactive stuff from it absorbing into my fingersweat?
Quote by NoSpoonDimensio
So if I just bought a MIJ Fender on eBay, will I get radioactive stuff from it absorbing into my fingersweat?

Maybe, but you'll get tone for days.

Just think of the haunting, glowing mids out of that thing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Well.......
But wont the radioactive decay of the fragile harmonics not allow them to sound good?

actually, the radioactivity excites the fragile harmonics and allows them to better break through the crystal lattice at a greater rate. it is in fact so strong that you won't require a tube amp anymore, a solid state will work just as well, the crystal lattice won't be able to hold them.
Quote by NoSpoonDimensio

Yeah just have some RadX on hand. I heard that GC will start carrying it soon because of the rise in guitar radioactivity.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by ZeroGlass
All of the guitar factories survived the quake and subsequent tsunami. I dont know where you got 'most of the buildings are destroyed' but its certainly false.

There are MIJ Fenders as far as the eye can see, and none of them are glowing green.

ZOMG I SHOULD OF GOT A MEXI!!!!

Last edited by gregs1020 at May 29, 2011,
Didn't Tenacious D teach y'all anything? If it glows green, it's good for yr playing.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
you should destroy all the made in japan fenders you see.

for every one you destroy yours will get that much better.

but make sure they are the made in japan guitars and not the crafted in japan guitars. those aren't real highlanders.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
This guy knows what's up! Are you keeping it in the 2-3 mSv region for optimal results with tele pickups?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Yeah, that is my ideal number but it's such a pain having to wear the lead apron to keep my chest dose down. I filed a request for a waiver on the exposure but it looks like the NRC doesn't really view playing a guitar as a necessary and vital procedure. You should see the paperwork I have to fill out when someone else plays my MIJ strat. Non-medical dose over accepted limits to a member of the public, blah blah blah.
I like to keep my Tele around 4 mSv gives it a bit more crispy tone, you need to get the röntgen values just right for those screamin mids.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by guitarted
actually, the radioactivity excites the fragile harmonics and allows them to better break through the crystal lattice at a greater rate. it is in fact so strong that you won't require a tube amp anymore, a solid state will work just as well, the crystal lattice won't be able to hold them.

We then cross the streams, right?
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Personally I prefer the source of radiation being iodine-131, uranium adds a really nasty nasal tone to the guitar (not as much as caesium-137). Go for plutonium-244 if you want those really heavy br00talz tones (but I guess that's what you're looking for if you're going for a Tele). If possible, check if it emits beta rays, as the alpha rays take away plenty of mids and gamma rays add buttloads of bass and makes it really muddy. Despite what most people will tell you, the type of radiation DOES AFFECT TONE. If they tell you otherwise, their brains have most likely fried a long time ago.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at May 29, 2011,
I like Americium-241, readily sourced from smoke alarms. But that alpha radiation has me a bit worried, also I don't think it really contributes so much to my EMG-81, any suggestions on a better source of ionising radiation?

Was TS trolling or did he really believe everything in Japan was destroyed?
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212