hey guys, quick question, can you retrofit an original floyd rose onto a gibson flying V ? i know it may not be the most wise thing to do with resale value and all but i dont plan on selling any of my guitars ever soim curious if its possible. it is currently setup for a TOM bridge and tail piece

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-Flying-V-?sku=517336

this is my guitar but in white with EMGs and altered control layout
Gonna need quite a lot of routing.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
If it has a TOM and tail piece and you don't wanna route it out, look into a Stetsbar. Can be retrofitted with no fuss.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
You could do it but you'd have to be damn good at woodworking. Find another solution.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Is it possible? Yes. Is it feasible? No.

There is a huge amount of work and money that goes into routing a fixed bridge guitar for a trem, especially a Floyd Rose.

You'd have to rout out the cavity, install the trem claw, do work to the headstock/nut so you can fit in a locking nut... and after all that, it won't even work correctly because the neck angle for fixed bridge guitars is different than the angle needed for FR guitars.

Save the effort, money and frustration and just get a guitar that already has an FR in it. It's really the best option.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Fixed > Floyd, IMO, since pull-ups are ghey and the divebombs can be accomplished with neck bends.

If you insist on having one, though, there are plenty of companies that do Flying V copies with OFR bridges. You'd be further ahead to sell yours and pick up one of those than to try to modify your current guitar.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
For the money it would cost you, buy an ESP SV.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
For the money it would cost you, buy an ESP SV.

if i had the money i prolly would except for the fact that ive come to hate ESP necks and i hate to urban camo paintjob on it.

but was just curious if its practical to do, from the looks of it ill just hold off ona guitar with a trem till i get a 7 string so ill do both at the same time in one guitar

and im looking for a floating trem because id love to do pull ups more than dive bombs, if that makes sense

btw whats the general concensus here on DBZ guitars? the brid of prey 7 string looks amazing and it has an OFR, i think itll be about 900$ USD too.

heres the link: http://www.dbzguitars.com/guitars/seven-string-guitar/bird-of-prey-fm-seven-string
What about a Jackson or Charvel V? I believe they were/are equipped with LFR's...
are their LFRs good though?

right now for 7 strings im considering:

jackson slat3-7
DBZ bridy of prey 7
ibanez RGA7
Schecter hellraiser C-7
Agile interceptor pro 7

and i think i may be forgetting one or two but ya

heres the problems i have with each are:

jackson slat3-7 most expensive of the bunch
DBZ bridy of prey 7 hard to find/not out yet
ibanez RGA7 no trem/ need new pickups
Schecter hellraiser C-7 inlays/neck is quite large
Agile interceptor pro 7 shipping is way too expensive (almost 200$)
It's possible, but it would require quite a bit of work. Routing (VERY PRECISELY), drilling (VERY PRECISELY), and oiling/refinishing the inner cavity of the new cavities would be necessary. Talk to the guys in GB&C about it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You'd have to route the whole guitar, which is bloody difficult. I'd get a kahler, all you do is drill four holes and screw it on. The other concern about this sorta thing is that you'd **** the neck when you divebomb, or use it very much.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by dtmaiden
You'd have to route the whole guitar, which is bloody difficult. I'd get a kahler, all you do is drill four holes and screw it on. The other concern about this sorta thing is that you'd **** the neck when you divebomb, or use it very much.

Incorrect.

Kahlers still require some routing and like a floyd they NEED a locking nut.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.