Hi guys I'm thinking of buying this guitar but i'm worried about some damage at the neck joint:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229475_10150560976005567_575105566_18145439_3542751_n.jpg

The owner just claims the "cracks in the pain alone" and not to the wood but I'm sceptical as usual haha. The crack runs quite far down if you look on the picture....

What do you guys reckon?
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Thaddonluksogood
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
yes its in the wood, at least partly.

I was going to reply "but it doesnt matter because its fairly common neck pockets crack right there, its structurally insignificant."

but then I realized that shit goes all the way around... I dont know that the wood is cracked around the neck plate, but Id stay well away from that deal unless its in the 20-40 USD range.
@ kolonelkadat
yeah unless that is under 50 bucks, don't buy. It very well could be after all it is a squire. Y r u after it anyways, just asking?
yeah thats some pretty harsh damage, but if you look at the top center of the body, theres a silver square bolted in that says "squire". thats your problem right there. how much is he selling for exactly?
I wouldn't buy it, I suggest you'd keep looking for another guitar.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Yeah, I'd steer clear. At first I just saw the little crack at the pocket, but then I realised it goes all the way down. Definitely better to just keep looking.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
It's a squire '51 which I've been after for a while- he doesn't want too much for it but I'd rather not take the risk. Thanks guys!
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
wtf does "cracks in the pain alone" mean?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I doubt that there's any actual damage to the wood.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yeah it is but neck joint counts because we mostly hold it by neck...and you should take care of it before buying any guitar.