First off, not totally sure if i should put this here, so tell me if this is the wrong spot. Anyway, my band is looking for some beginner to intermediate Post-Hardcore songs to cover. I am the rhythm guitarist and backup singer. I also do any screams that are needed. So we need something that allows me to scream/sing any backup and play guitar at the same time. Thanks for any suggestions!
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
I get the feeling you don't play in a post-hardcore band...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Day In Day Out by Architects.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Day In Day Out by Architects.

Not post hardcore. But granted, I doubt TS's band is either, judging by the avatar, sig etc.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Not post hardcore. But granted, I doubt TS's band is either, judging by the avatar, sig etc.

What is post hardcore? It's such an iffy genre, every band from Fightstar to The Fall of Troy is apparently post hardcore.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Architects are just a metalcore (numetalcore if you will) band. Simple. I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, I have no issue with Architects (except for the latest album of course).

I'd class Fightstar as about half pop, half watered down metalcore.
Quote by asator

well, if i am mistaken about what post hardcore is please tell me, and if so, lol sorry. I also meant to put something along the lines of screamo or something like that. Don't get me wrong though, i still like A7X (explains the avatar) but i also like bands like Escape the Fate, A Skylit Drive, Blessthefall, etc...
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Quote by Oblivoath666
well, if i am mistaken about what post hardcore is please tell me, and if so, lol sorry. I also meant to put something along the lines of screamo or something like that. Don't get me wrong though, i still like A7X (explains the avatar) but i also like bands like Escape the Fate, A Skylit Drive, Blessthefall, etc...

Hmph. Ok, I'll go for educational instead of elitist today.

None of those bands are post hardcore, and none of them are screamo. This is post hardcore, and this is screamo.

What you're talking about is modern metalcore (or, like I said, "nu-metalcore" - since metalcore is already a thing - see Converge, Botch etc), and it's not generally well recieved around here, but whatever.
Quote by asator
Hmph. Ok, I'll go for educational instead of elitist today.

None of those bands are post hardcore, and none of them are screamo. This is post hardcore, and this is screamo.

What you're talking about is modern metalcore (or, like I said, "nu-metalcore" - since metalcore is already a thing - see Converge, Botch etc), and it's not generally well recieved around here, but whatever.

k, so my band wants to be modern metalcore, thank you for explaining this to me, i feel a little dumb now though lol.
Don't get me wrong, you could refer to yourselves as post-hardcore or screamo to people who like the sort of stuff you play and nobody would bat an eyelid. It only annoys people who are into "real" PHC/screamo.
Quote by asator

Thanks for this post man.
last.fm[/url}