maybe wrong forum... but I need to know the height and width of a dunlop jazz III pick! I want to make one out of a quarter for fun, and I have to do it while I have access to a grinder and tools for the next week, but I sent all my guitar stuff home from college (dumb move... I miss it). I can't find the dimensions anywhere online besides the thickness.

secondary question: what year quarter should I use? I've got some '65s and '90s (my birth year). What do you guys think? Used to have a pre-'65 made of silver but I seem to have lost it

Thanks for helpin!
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
it will feel and play terrible using a coin for a pick. It also decreases the life of strings.....just buy some jazz IIIs
i've got tons of jazz iii's at home (love em) I'm just making one for fun and to see what it would sound like.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
It honestly won't "Sound" any different, it'll just feel like you're using a coin.. Exactly what it is. If you ever used a quarter to play your guitar, it will feel no different. Just a different shape.

It will kill your strings in no time as well, I'd honestly suggest against doing it. Stick to regular picks or use some other kind of material to mess around with. Coins suck.
ok... so lets say I just want to make one for novelty and want it to be accurate to the shape of a jazz iii. I have a lot of down time in the workshop and want something to keep me busy. can anyone measure a jazz iii height and width and let me know please?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

deforming a federal coin against the law isn't it?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
quiet you! I'll grind up a um... replica coin
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

It's not against the law as long as you don't try to use them as legal tender/ sell them.
I've got a half dozen quarters with holes lathed in them, cause it's fun.
guitars:
Martin DCX1E
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe
Quote by ironman45
quiet you! I'll grind up a um... replica coin

Forgery is against the law.

Anyway, it's 1 inch long and 7/8ths of an inch wide. I assume that since it's made in the USA, it's made to imperial units.
side bar: i had a penny that was ran over by a train that i used as a pick for a while. it did sound much different than other picks. very bright and twangy.
Quote by sashki
Forgery is against the law.

Anyway, it's 1 inch long and 7/8ths of an inch wide. I assume that since it's made in the USA, it's made to imperial units.

thanks so much! eh, as an engineer in the US, I'll take either type of units haha
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112