Hey, nice job on the riffs. I really like the way the song is structured and the clean guitar adds a lot. One thing I did notice is that your kick drum clips at some points so try turning your mix down a bit and then adjust your levels from a lower starting point. Also, your snare tone needs some adjusting. It just sounds like a metronome click instead of a snare drum. Try some delay and a touch of reverb to bring out the ambience of the clean guitar too.

Good Luck man!
http://soundcloud.com/planesh1fter/bass-solo-piece-rough-demo
Here's a solo piece I just recorded. Mind taking a look?
Quote by Progbass92
. It just sounds like a metronome click instead of a snare drum. Try some delay and a touch of reverb to bring out the ambience of the clean guitar too.

my friend, who's serving as producer/mixer on a mini ep i'm working on says the same thing. I use Toontracks Metalheads as my drummer (WHOO THOMAS HAAKE) i'm thinking of doing my drum tracks as two things. one is the snare from DKFH and everything else from Metalheads, i've yet to fully try this yet but it's in the works.

also, thanks for the nice words. I've been breaking my brain to work outside of my comfort zone (which is why there is a solo in that song) and every comment is wholly welcomed

also, the rough piece you linked me is beautiful. from beginning to end, nicely leved, and the tone is what i'd love to be able to get for myself. Awesome work.
hey dude i really dig the djent stuff! if you ever want a live drum track i'm available just PM me and i will get right back to you!