I am looking into buying a Line 6 Verbzilla pedal and have been on ebay and gumtree looking for a used one. However, i found two of the pedals on a website and one is significantly cheaper.

The cheapest one is a module :

http://www.fairdealmusic.com/guitars/electric_guitar_fx/9660_line-6-tone-core-verbzilla-reverb-stomp-box-modeler

The more expensive one is a stomp:

http://www.fairdealmusic.com/guitars/electric_guitar_fx/6560_line-6-tone-core-verbzilla-reverb-stomp-box-modeler

What's the difference?
well when you look at the pedal, there is the enclosure with the switch and jacks, then there is the faceplate with the knobs and stuff. They used to sell an empty enclosure and you could buy the module of whatever effect you wanted and put it in there. If you just buy the module, you won't actually be able to use it unless you buy an empty pedal. At that point you might as well just buy the whole pedal

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at May 29, 2011,
You linked the same thing twice.

edit - I'm an idiot.
So is the person who put the pictures on that site up.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Last edited by 8footsativaist at May 29, 2011,
No, he didn't. Both links just use the same picture. I think that is what threw him off in the first place.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I never understood why they sold the modules and enclosures separately. It might have worked if they had a big all-in-one pedalboard where you could just drop 5 modules in to one unit with really, really bad bypass, but one per pedal? It's not like you're going to change the module halfway through a gig.
oh wow that image didn't load first time. Interesting way to make a pedal...

I guess if you were buying multiple line 6 pedals that used the same enclosures that you were going to swap out, a module might be good. But I imagine you don't want to do that at the moment, so in this case go for the pedal.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
It could work if, for example, you wanted the metal distortion and the verbzilla. And you wanted to use the verbzila as part of your live rig for ambient reverbs and such, but you wanted to use the metal distortion into your practice amp to get a decent high gain tone in your bedroom. They would never be used at the same time, and buying the modules could save you some money. I mean I personally wouldnt do it because it seems like a hassle, but I can see its applications. I think they also made an empty module where you could write your own dsp code and stuff

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
I think they also made an empty module where you could write your own dsp code and stuff

That is so cool.

I wihs i was better at programming now...
Quote by InanezGuitars44
I think they also made an empty module where you could write your own dsp code and stuff

Thats sweet. If I could code DSP I would be on that so quick. Or if they had an affordable module that was blank and a computer programme with a simple enough interface to make your own effect. E.g. The interface had in-depth parameters for the shimmer of a reverb etc.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
i love how a thread about verbzillas brings in all the tpr guys hahaha

also, http://line6.com/tcddk/

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
haha

Hmm, it'd be cool if you could drag and drop effects from pod farm in to it. If those M5s were a little cheaper I'd be GASing for one. £175? I bite my thumb at you sir.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.