Hi again,

It's been a while since I last posted on here, and I'm sorry for pretty much posting the same thing I did a while back, but anyway...

I am currently looking for a suitable distortion pedal being used for standard rock (foo fighters, audioslave ect.) hopefully for under £50, when I came across this on the net...

http://www.dangleberrymusic.co.uk/p-178-tonerider-pedals-tonerider-effects-pedal-tonerider-british-distortion-pedal-true-bypass.aspx

I can't seem to find any reviews or of this pedal anywhere on the internet, but I do know from experience Tonerider make some decent pickups! I know for sure that if their pedals are as good as their pups, this would be a great deal.

The only store which has them in stock is dangleberry music, so it's pretty much impossible for me to go and try one out. Anway here's my question...

Does anybody have any experiences with this pedal or any pedals made by Tonerider? How does it sound? Good for the money? Are there better distortion pedals out there for the price?

Any help, opinions or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Charlie
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

You won't get those tones from a distortion pedal. What amp do you use?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
At the moment, I am just using any amp I can get hold of because I am short on cash I am currently borrowing a Marshall (not sure of the model) but it's a solid state combo and it has built in effects. Not a great amp but it will have to do until I get some money for a decent one. I listened to the video but the audio doesn't sound clear enough for you to hear the actual sound of the pedal. Thanks anyway
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Fair enough. Can I suggest saving yr cash for an amp? A pedal won't get you what you want.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
An amps not really what I'm looking for at the moment, but thanks anyway I just wanted opinions on the pedal itself, so can anybody help me out?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

You propably lend marshall mg which isnt best amp and even with dist pedal you wont get sound you want. You can save more and buy amp for that tone id take vox ad or peavey bandit depends how much you can save. Buying dist pedal wont give you sound closer than buying amp so it would be waste of money.
it's very nice for the money. I'm not aware of anything better for the money (though of course that doesn't mean something better for the money doesn't exist). it's quite hot-rod marshally in tone, though, so it might not do those foo fighters tones (they're more mesa, right?).

though the comments about possibly saving for a better amp apply too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CharlieSlyster
At the moment, I am just using any amp I can get hold of because I am short on cash I am currently borrowing a Marshall (not sure of the model) but it's a solid state combo and it has built in effects. Not a great amp but it will have to do until I get some money for a decent one. I listened to the video but the audio doesn't sound clear enough for you to hear the actual sound of the pedal. Thanks anyway

A Marshall solid state combo? It's..it's...it's an MG!

Forget the pedal, buy a new amp.
Roland Cube?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!