Anybody else into this band? They're one of my most favorites.

From the awesome place of Bradenton, FL. Their ginger lead singer, who I think is also a GREAT songwriter, is the brains behind the creative part of this band. The drummer Danny Duncan helps a bit with the songwriting too, I believe. I think the rhythm guitarist and bassist are just lucky ducks along for the ride. And of course the rhythm section. Well, here's some songs!

"Secret Valentine" off of their eponymous debut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o--wbO-K6E

"August is Over", another tune off the debut. (the chorus in this song is to die for.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBcaLVdvdcg

"Summer Love" off their sophomore album, awesome happy tune, stylistically different, a bit of a departure from their first album sound. But it hearkens back just enough to keep old fans and make new ones. Awesome song, awesome record too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPvimWwee4o

"Friday is Forever" their newest single, on the album to be released this summer 2011. I CANT WAIT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMw1udsp-I

Discuss!
I like them a lot actually. I bought their debut a couple years ago and it came autographed by the band. One of the better surprises I've ever had at HMV
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Holy Christ, they're even worse than I assumed they were.

Man card, please.

Care to elaborate on why YOU THINK they're even worse than you assumed they were?

Also, how does loving this band make me un-manly?

Please list some bands that you listen to, that affirm your apparently inherent manliness. (elitism)
I've heard of this band but i have never listened to them.....untill now.

Not my cup o' tea
The songs you have posted are generic songs about love and girls, personally i like bands that actually say something or have an interesting topic to sing about, for example: Descendents, Leftover Crack, Bob Marley, The Misfits, The Enemy, Fugazi, Muse, System Of A Down, Burzum, Arctic Monkeys, etc

The vocals for all these new Pop Rock bands are too samey for comfort, as well as the instrumentation.

If i want to listen to Pop Rock i would listen to Busted or Mcfly (Yes, i actually like them), all this new Pop Rock is not my thing: All Time Low, Youmeatsix, We Are The Kings are just horrible to my ears however The Jonas Brothers really do have some good songs (shocking i know).

No offense to you TS but this band doesn't do anything for me.
Last edited by SumFX at May 29, 2011,
Quote by SumFX
I've heard of this band but i have never listened to them.....untill now.

Not my cup o' tea
The songs you have posted are generic songs about love and girls, personally i like bands that actually say something or have an interesting topic to sing about, for example: Descendents, Leftover Crack, Bob Marley, The Misfits, The Enemy, Fugazi, Muse, System Of A Down, Burzum, Arctic Monkeys, etc

The vocals for all these new Pop Rock bands are too samey for comfort, as well as the instrumentation.

If i want to listen to Pop Rock i would listen to Busted or Mcfly (Yes, i actually like them), all this new Pop Rock is not my thing: All Time Low, Youmeatsix, We Are The Kings are just horrible to my ears however The Jonas Brothers really do have some good songs (shocking i know).

No offense to you TS but this band doesn't do anything for me.

muse ftw
Quote by Styxonthebrain
muse ftw

Good post bro...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by punkforlife93
Why does someone like both Fugazi and Jonas Brothers...?

Because im not totally close minded?

Don't get me wrong i'm not a huge pop listener but i can respect someone who can write a good pop song and to me The Jonas Brothers have a few good songs like Inseprable, Hold On, S.O.S.

They are just a solid Pop Rock band, nice melodies, good singers, some good songwriting for what they are & there are some good riffs/sections in there.

I love bands like Fugazi, Ian Mackaye as well as Henry Rollins have been a big role models for me thoughout my teenage years.
But when it come to music i listen to what sounds good to me, be that corperate 'trash' like JB or underground 90's 'Emo' bands like Fugazi.

But i can see your point both are the antithesis of each other

rant/
Well, Fugazi is pretty poppy.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Altitudinous
Care to elaborate on why YOU THINK they're even worse than you assumed they were?

Also, how does loving this band make me un-manly?

Please list some bands that you listen to, that affirm your apparently inherent manliness. (elitism)

With bands like All Time Low and Boys Like Girls(who sadly are he poster bands for the pop-punk genre, when really they're not even pop-punk), it is very reasonable to expect newer "pop-punk"band on the scene is terrible. Add those lowered expectations with a crappy band(like this one), and there is your answer.

It doesn't. But you getting mad about mentioning your man card makes us wonder about your security.

Ohh lets see...

Taking Back Sunday
Youmeatsix
Yellowcard
Senses Fail
Saves The Day
Glassjaw
Set Your Goals
New Found Glory
Relient K
Story of The Year
IMO, they're better than ATL, BLG, etc. but that doesn't make them all that great. Although they do write great chorus', and the singer's ginger like me.
They don't hold a candle to pop-punk bands like The Wonder Years or Such Gold thouugh.

This band isn't really pop-punk though. They're pop rock. I don't consider them pop-punk. I feel like most of you guys are listening like halfway through the first link and making a snap-decision. Obviously, to get a good read on a band, it's best to listen to their entire discography, or whatever you can get your hands on, and listen to full albums front to back, maybe 4 or 5 times, listening attentively and thinking critically about what you're hearing, IF you really want to thoroughly understand what's happening in the music. Also, researching the band and seeing what they're all about.

At first, I didn't really like these guys much, but then over time I listened more and more and it totally grew on me. I think they're growers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you guys go calling this band (that I love) a crappy band, it's ridiculous. Musical opinion is 100% subjective. The mature thing to do is to say that YOU don't like it, or it's not for you.

I think what can objectively be appreciated is how well they do with traditional song form, as well as thoroughly expressed emotions through the lead vocals (i.e. singing dynamically with great feeling).

These songs are about girls and love, but you can't fault a band on that. Those are great things. If you take the time to listen again and again, and to read the lyrics, the meaning behind them is great and i think that it's expressed pretty well, whether it be eloquent or desperately heartfelt.
Also i can't see how a guy can say the Jonas Brothers have some good songs and think that We the Kings doesn't. Unless of course (like, in this case) they haven't yet listened thoroughly enough to both groups to really understand.

For the record, I also think the JB's have some good tunes.
Quote by Altitudinous
This band isn't really pop-punk though. They're pop rock. I don't consider them pop-punk. I feel like most of you guys are listening like halfway through the first link and making a snap-decision. Obviously, to get a good read on a band, it's best to listen to their entire discography, or whatever you can get your hands on, and listen to full albums front to back, maybe 4 or 5 times, listening attentively and thinking critically about what you're hearing, IF you really want to thoroughly understand what's happening in the music. Also, researching the band and seeing what they're all about.

At first, I didn't really like these guys much, but then over time I listened more and more and it totally grew on me. I think they're growers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you guys go calling this band (that I love) a crappy band, it's ridiculous. Musical opinion is 100% subjective. The mature thing to do is to say that YOU don't like it, or it's not for you.

I think what can objectively be appreciated is how well they do with traditional song form, as well as thoroughly expressed emotions through the lead vocals (i.e. singing dynamically with great feeling).

These songs are about girls and love, but you can't fault a band on that. Those are great things. If you take the time to listen again and again, and to read the lyrics, the meaning behind them is great and i think that it's expressed pretty well, whether it be eloquent or desperately heartfelt.

I think calling them rock is a bit much. Maybe power pop. They're like The Summer Set but a little less fruity.
This thread needs Set Your Goals.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Never listened to this band and the songs I just listened don't really appeal to me. But I quite liked Skyway avenue.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This thread needs moar Jawbreaker.
I agree.

Quote by blake1221
I think calling them rock is a bit much. Maybe power pop. They're like The Summer Set but a little less fruity.
I always think of power pop being like more "ballsy" than pop rock. I consider power pop things like Cheap Trick and Exploding Hearts though, so maybe I'm wrong.
Quote by due 07
I agree.

I always think of power pop being like more "ballsy" than pop rock. I consider power pop things like Cheap Trick and Exploding Hearts though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Oh really? Then shit I don't know where these guys fall. Nu-pop pop punk. The genre that houses All Time Low and Mayday Parade and any other band that looked promising then released completely lack luster follow-ups.
Quote by BK202
I've always thought Powerpop was stuff like Hellogoodbye.

Also, You're not punk, and I'm telling everyone.

lolno

Check out Pink Grease for popwerpop in it's dancey-est form.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
SAVE YOUR BREATH I NEVER WAS ONE!

Happy?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
You did.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!