...For example taking the midi sounds from the Ezdrummer Drum Kit From hell. They are both midi interfaces so i was wondering if i could copy the DFH drum sounds over and make them play instead. Because the guitar pro drums sounds terrible :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
So your thinking you can get DFH sounds in Guitar Pro? The answer to that is no. As MIDI isn't sound, but rather information. Think of it as instruction on what to play.

Can you open the DFH MIDI into GP? Yes. It will be Guitar Pro drums though.

Can you export GP MIDI and open in DFH? Yes. It will sound like DFH.

Remember that they may not directly translate depending on how the programs interrupt the MIDI but its usually pretty damn close with very small adjustments (especially if there are multiple kicks and snares).
Last edited by FireHawk at May 29, 2011,
Export the GP drums to .mid and just click&drag the file it into the EZDrummer interface. Done.
Quote by FireHawk
So your thinking you can get DFH sounds in Guitar Pro? The answer to that is no. As MIDI isn't sound, but rather information. Think of it as instruction on what to play.

Can you open the DFH MIDI into GP? Yes. It will be Guitar Pro drums though.

Can you export GP MIDI and open in DFH? Yes. It will sound like DFH.

Remember that they may not directly translate depending on how the programs interrupt the MIDI but its usually pretty damn close with very small adjustments (especially if there are multiple kicks and snares).

Ok that makes sense. Thanks man

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by DeaThrash
Export the GP drums to .mid and just click&drag the file it into the EZDrummer interface. Done.

I do that for recording and stuff but i was thinking just for quick practice. I might however just make some backing tracks of my favourite songs using this method

Quote by angusfan16