Hi all

Have recently started using Logic 9 for my recordings. I have been importing midi drum tracks from guitar pro to use as drum loops but what I am wondering is if there is a simple way to 'humanize' the midi drums. ie I am looking for a quick way to vary the velocity and gate slightly so that it sounds more human. Obviously I can do it manually but this takes a long time.

Any ideas?
If it smells OK, taste it.
Open it in the MIDI Editor window (just double click the MIDI region), make sure everything is selected, go to the Functions menu in the midi editor window, then to the Transform option and select Humanize. This'll bring up a pop-up of the transform window. Since everything is already selected, you can just click Operate Only. If you didn't select everything first, hit Select and Operate. That should make it a little more human. If it's not enough, just keep hitting Operate a couple times until you're satisfied.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
No problem man. Let me know if you have any more questions about Logic Pro 9, I recently got certified as a Studio Master for it.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro