Hey UG,

I start my apprenticeship in summer, so i'm going to have some money in my hands, which is why I wanna buy a new guitar then.
Money isn't really an issue, but i'm planning to spend 650-1200 (yes, quite a large range) Euro.

I play mostly modern metal, for example metalcore. But the guitar should also be good for cleans, but thats not a main aspect.

This should the guitar have :
- 6 Strings
- 24 Frets
- No Tremolo
- Modern Strat Shape
- Set-Neck or Neck-Thru, but i could accept Bolt-on too, if the high frets are easy to reach
- Neck shouldn't be too fat (Gibson-Like)
- Mahagony Body (preferably with maple top)
- Color doesn't really matter that much. Just not some weird pink or stuff like that =D
- PickUps. I really don't know which ones i should take here. But as described above, they should be good for high-gain, low tunings, but also cleans. A fat, not too rough (hope you know what i mean) Sound in high-gain is what i'm looking for.

So, i've been searchin in teh interwebz, and i've found some guitars, which i could get :
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 WH (Or BCH for the Maple Top) 939 €
LTD by ESP H-351NT STBC 649 €
ESP Horizon NT II

So, what can you recommend me ?

PS : I apologize for all the language mistakes, i probably have done. I'm not from america, neither am i from Britain...
GIBSON LES PAUL. just find one with a neck you like. those sqeualy metal guitars suck and have no soul
You just described a Schecter C1 of some variety very well. You can choose from the Hellraiser, Standard, Custom and Blackjack ATX.

ESP/LTD have quite thin necks, if you want something a little closer to a Les Paul I'd suggest the Schecter.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
i would go with one of the horizon models or the ltd h-### model esp makes great guitars for metal fast playing necks 24 frets good excess everything you need
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by bandsunnyside
GIBSON LES PAUL. just find one with a neck you like. those sqeualy metal guitars suck and have no soul

What's with all the newbies thinking they have great opinions?

Honestly I'd look into Schecter. Tons of people swear by the C-1 like you mentioned, but I don't think it would hurt if you went to a couple stores to try some of their other models out first.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
out of the three you metioned, deff the esp horizon nt-II. the only thing id caution you against is make sure that youre o with the neck, ive grow to hate ESP/Ltd necks because i find them too NARROW, not thin but narrow as in small string spacing, the neck is quite thin, but not overly thin. but againt the narrow string spacing is my issue with it. some people dont notice it, so you may like it
Thanks for all the responses.
The problem is, that the next store is an hour away, i'm not allowed to drive, because i'm only 16 years old and no one wants to drive me at the moment =D

But somewhen i think, i will try the guitars out at a store, when i have the chance. Just wanted some advice in before =)

Another Question :
I heard, EMGs are quite sterile and straight in terms of sound. Should i go for Blackouts or Passives ? Need suggestions =)
Some people think active pickups do not give a very nice clean sound. They're very high output so will be amazing for distortion. Passives are less output but give nicer cleans. That doesn't mean they can't give you a good, face-punching distortion tone though.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by bandsunnyside

gtfo numbnuts

Quote by Seanthesheep
out of the three you metioned, deff the esp horizon nt-II.

+1

if you can stretch to it, the esp is a lot better than the other two, it's in another league, despite what the schecter fanboys might tell you.

that being said, at the esp's price you probably have several other options... just depends on the prices where you are. What country are you in, out of interest?

and yeah, with emgs, it just really depends on whether you like them or not.

EDIT: also, what amp do you have? while the esp is a lot better, if you're still playing with a starter pack amp, it'd make more sense to split the budget about down the middle.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 29, 2011,
Quote by bandsunnyside

Shut your ***** mouth
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
@ slipknot shhh. =D
My amp is a Peavey Vypyr 75, but i'm planning to get an ENGL Powerball II or Fireball 100 with adequate cab. But i'll buy the Amp, after i bought the guitar.

I'm in Germany.

The only thing, why i'm bothering with the ESP Horizon are the Seymour Duncan PUs. I heard they are somewhat rough and as i want a smooth distortion, without too much edge on it (hope you understand me) and not too rough, i'm quite in an interest conflict there, because i dunno how the SD's sound.

Seems like i have to wait, until someone drives me to the next store ...
Last edited by iNS4Ne1304 at May 29, 2011,
Quote by bandsunnyside
One of the most retarded first replies I've ever seen.

TS, if you can swing it definitely go for the ESP Horizon. Absolutely brilliant guitars. While they only sound a little better than the ESP LTD 1000 counterparts, you can really feel the difference in playability and craftsmanship when you pick up the ESP.
Yeah, i think i'll be going for the ESP, if i like the Pickups. If not, ... well i'll still buy the ESP and change 'em =D
^ yeah, that would be the philosophy i'd follow too. While obviously getting a guitar where you like the pickups too is sweet, on an off-the-shelf guitar, for me if it's right apart from the pickups, that means it's right, because you can always swap the pickups.

Engls are pretty smooth/refined anyway. I doubt you'll have a problem. Though I mean that's no guarantee you'll actually like the duncans, lol- you might and you might not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jaaaccccccckkkkkkssssssooooonnnnnnn!!!!

I have a DKMGT. I absolutely love the thing, but sometimes I want a trem.... Then again I only paid 400 for the damn thing so I can't complain less than half price is a good price
get the esp horizon that has emgs and just block the trem, cos of the locking nut and tuners the tuning stability will be amazing!
Split it.

Get a 2nd hand ENGL Screamer (should be cheap, they are built in Germany) and the use what's left for a used ESP Horizon or new Ltd MH1000nt...

Or blow it all on the horizon, would be worth it. Insanely nice guitars.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks for the responses, again.

I don't really like Ibanez necks, even though i have got an Ibanez RG370DX at the moment.They are just a bit too thin for me.
@Tom I think i will get a new horizon, but i will see in summer. Also, money is not an issue, but obviously, i don't want to spend like 3000 Euro on only the guitar either =D
Last edited by iNS4Ne1304 at May 30, 2011,
An Ibanez RG Prestige.

I do love recommending RGs for pretty much everything.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
and for the amp get anything by ENGL i cant wait to get my gig master
I agree with Dave in recommending the ESP. Though LTD's aren't bad for guitarists on a budget, if you can save up and buy a legit ESP it will be well worth the extra dollars. I love my ESP Eclipse.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15