Laney are bringing out a new metal amp called the Ironheart.

Specs:
60 watts or 120 watts
6L6 powered
Built in attenuator
2 independent Footswitchable channels with dedicated EQ.
Footswitchable gain boost
Pull to modify EQ switches
FX Loop
Reverb
Internal Red Illumination

Personally if I get one, I would buy the 60 watt version. I have the GH100L and i can barely crank it at band practice.

Check out a demo here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6TXK71pxY

Promotional pic:
http://www.musicshop.hr/img/ironheart-head-2011-v.jpg

What do you think?
It seems quite similar to the VH, but with extra features.
is the preboost solid state shenanigans?

But yeah I mean it looks quite nice...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
is the preboost solid state shenanigans?

But yeah I mean it looks quite nice...

Not sure, it's probably similar to the GH/VH boost.
doubt it... the gh boost doesn't really sound like a ts, it's an extra valve gain stage...

plus they said it already sounds a bit like the gh (and from what little i can tell from the clips, i'd be inclined to agree), but with more features.

Actually the thing I liked least about it was that it still more or less sounds like a gh or vh- i really like my gh (for the price i paid it's killer), but I actually think it excels more as a rock/hard rock amp than as a metal amp. For a metal amp, not entirely sure why they based it on the gh/vh (though i guess it has 6l6es, which may help, i haven't tried the gh with 6l6es).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
doubt it... the gh boost doesn't really sound like a ts, it's an extra valve gain stage...

plus they said it already sounds a bit like the gh (and from what little i can tell from the clips, i'd be inclined to agree), but with more features.

Actually the thing I liked least about it was that it still more or less sounds like a gh or vh- i really like my gh (for the price i paid it's killer), but I actually think it excels more as a rock/hard rock amp than as a metal amp. For a metal amp, not entirely sure why they based it on the gh/vh (though i guess it has 6l6es, which may help, i haven't tried the gh with 6l6es).

I think it has more gain on it. I also own the GH100L, but i really want 2 channels. I know there is the VH, but i'm going to wait for the ironheart and see which is best and probs sell my GH to get one of them.

I think the IronHeart can also run off EL34's, but comes stock with 6L6's. If you look on the youtube vid there is a switch on the back which is barely readable but looks a lot like the bias switch on my GH
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I think it has more gain on it. I also own the GH100L, but i really want 2 channels. I know there is the VH, but i'm going to wait for the ironheart and see which is best and probs sell my GH to get one of them.

I think the IronHeart can also run off EL34's, but comes stock with 6L6's. If you look on the youtube vid there is a switch on the back which is barely readable but looks a lot like the bias switch on my GH

oh yeah, that's fair enough. And I guess if those extra options are more useful (certainly the wattage switch, assuming it sounds good, is a good idea), then it's cool.

Just seems a bit strange that half laney's valve amps seem to be based on the same amp, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Are they running some kind of noise gate? I can't see one but GAWWW that thing is quiet
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣