Any suggestions.
Anything you guys think might just be a good read detailing on guitar even.
Quote by Sn0wM1s3r
Any suggestions.
Anything you guys think might just be a good read detailing on guitar even.

There are none that I know of. If you are looking for something, and can afford a little bit, like you would for a book, you might have a look at my website below in my signature, as we teach and have taught these things. That's what we specialize in.

As a general all around book, I have always respected The Guitar Handbook by Ralph Denyer (I think that's his name). Other resources that I'd give my seal of approval to:

Justin Guitar - I think he has the heart of a teacher.

Mike Dodge's website - dispenses a life time of knowledge, but you have to sit and work it all out, as good of a site as Ive seen, where the content is self study.

The Ultimate Guide to the Guitar - UG Lesson series here - I think it does a great job at presenting a number of topics, clearly.

Best,

Sean
^ Not helpful.

Sean pretty much covered it, but if you're looking to learn music theory then check out sites such as:

www.musictheory.net and http://www.teoria.com/exercises/index.htm

As for guitar orientated stuff you're better off learning all the notes on the fretboard and combining that knowledge with the theory you learn from those two websites. Your understanding of the guitar will be much greater.

A lot of books promote learning box patterns and shapes for certain things which is fine initially but ultimately holds you back.
check out Music Theory for Guitarists by Tom Kolb; and Guitar Theory Illustrated by Don Latarski.
Berklee music theory 1 and 2 after that you can buy advanced theory books and books on something you want to specialize in such as jazz rock fusion.
Tonal Harmony is a great book
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by liampje
Berklee music theory 1 and 2 after that you can buy advanced theory books and books on something you want to specialize in such as jazz rock fusion.

well if you buy "advanced" or "specialized" books after that, those books are likely to be bullshit. a lot of hal leonard books and similar ones dumb down information for the teenage rock guitarist