Recommendations please? I don't want to spend a fortune so there's no point recommending boutique stuff.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Vague, much?

How much would 'a fortune' be and what are you needing it to do?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I have the MXR Dyna Comp, pretty good, noisy of course
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by Swannie
I have the MXR Dyna Comp, pretty good, noisy of course

My compressor's got a built-in noise gate .
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
Vague, much?

How much would 'a fortune' be and what are you needing it to do?

I don't know anything about them, I just read that it is the only "must have" effect for bass and that it makes your sound tighter and more punchy. Afraid that's about as much as I can say. As for price, I am thinking around £50 and definitely no more than £100. Another question: is a "limiter / enhancer" the same as "compression"?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

Get a second hand EBS multicomp. Really great compressors.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Cool. I take it stuff like behringer is bollocks?

Quote by RubberSoul54321
Cool. I take it stuff like behringer is bollocks?

Behringer is cheap and you get what you pay for.
That being said I do like my Behringer OD100 (Overdrive/Distortion) but I wouldn't mind upgrading to a Boss pedal.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I like my Aguilar TLC Compressor though I doubt you'd want to spend $200 for it.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by fatgoogle
Get a second hand EBS multicomp. Really great compressors.

^This, if you can find one. They really are superior to everything short of a rackmount unit. If you want a rackmount compressor, the dbx 166XL is a good one for about US$200.00.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Cool link, that's really helpful thanks