I'm an acoustic player that's looking to get into electric guitars. I'm looking into the $400-$700 range for the guitar and under $400 for the amp. What are people's recommendations. I mostly play Rock and Metal. I've been looking at a Schecter Tempest Custom and a Line 6 amp that's 75 watts. Opinions?
The Schecter Tempest Custom is a quite nice guitar. It's quite versatile and will suit you well for Rock and Metal.

I'd stay away from the Line 6 Amps though. It won't do your guitar justice. It's better to spend a little more and get something with tubes.
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG350MYE
Epiphone G-400 SG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider IV 75
I would say switch your guitar / amp pricing..

There are some great tube amps around 500-700 bucks.. look into Vox ac15, Fender blues/deluxe series, blackstar and Orange (tiny terror)

These will make a much bigger difference in your sound then a cheap amp / good guitar

cheap guitar / good amp > good guitar / crap amp.
The schecter will be versatile enough for those styles and if you ever get tired of that you can just switch out the pickups and use it for other things. In terms of amp, I get my metal sound from a Jekyll and Hyde V2 + Laney LC30 and it sounds pretty good but like Toxyn said you'd probably be looking at 500-700 for a combo like that or any other good combo.

On a side note, Line 6 amps aren't all that bad I'm pretty sure most people just say that because they don't like their reputation. Try them out, if you like the sound buy one used since people are always trying to drop them because of that rep and you'll likely find one cheap.
Quote by Necronomicon

On a side note, Line 6 amps aren't all that bad I'm pretty sure most people just say that because they don't like their reputation. Try them out, if you like the sound buy one used since people are always trying to drop them because of that rep and you'll likely find one cheap.

No I actually had a Spider III 75 watt. When I bought a Vox VT15 since it was cheap and easy to drag along, I sold my Line 6. Line 6 just sounds too digital really. Although I can not speak for the IV series since I haven't tried those yet.
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
Quote by jwoodbury3571
I'm an acoustic player that's looking to get into electric guitars. I'm looking into the $400-$700 range for the guitar and under $400 for the amp. What are people's recommendations. I mostly play Rock and Metal. I've been looking at a Schecter Tempest Custom and a Line 6 amp that's 75 watts. Opinions?

Ibanez RG+Roland Cube 80=WIN
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
used ibanez RG1570

amp
peavey viper, much better than the line 6 ( 200ish bucks, decent amp for the money)
b-52 at212 (used around 400 bucks)