I'm in a melodic hardcore/punk band. My tone is alot of mid and treble going on for that punky bass feel. My question is, what kind of strings should I buy? I play in Drop C tuning. I have some Daddario ones and they're getting kinda old now. I want something that will last long and fit with the style I pay no matter what the price as long as its not like past 50$.
I would recommened a top heavy set such as ernie ball Light Top heavy bottoms but for me pesonall its the Roto Blues . . . . [.52 - .10] gauge great for tuning drop tunings which arent lower than drop c (otherwise id recommened alot heavier such as .13's) any strings which have a fat bottom will be perfect though.

hope it helps
After these past few sets of DR I don't think I will ever buy any other brand of strings. Plus you can get them in COLOR! In all seriousness, I've had a set of the peacock blue ones on my SRX505 and loved them so much we put a set of the red ones on my wife's p-bass and am planning on getting a set of black beauties for my sr300
Quote by Harrs
I would recommened a top heavy set such as ernie ball Light Top heavy bottoms but for me pesonall its the Roto Blues . . . . [.52 - .10] gauge great for tuning drop tunings which arent lower than drop c (otherwise id recommened alot heavier such as .13's) any strings which have a fat bottom will be perfect though.

hope it helps

Wrong forum mate.

OT: Personally I use stainless steel Ernie Balls on my bass and I play punky/metal stuff so maybe a set of .50 - .110 Ernie Balls.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at May 29, 2011,
Quote by Harrs

hope it helps

This is the bass forum dude.

Anyway, why don't you try some DR DDT? It's made for drop tuning and it's got a bright tone.
pinga
DR or Dean Markley. Ernie Ball is awesome but the tone loses it's luster very quickly IMO.
Roto Swing 66s, wicked bright sound, I don't use anything else except on my fretless. They do a "drop tuning" set too iirc but I really don't see the point for drop C if you know how to set your bass up properly.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB