I was wondering if anyone would know if I would encouter any problems practicing routing on this piece of wood(pics included) IDK what It is but my friend said I could use it to practice on before I did my first build. Or would this be no good for that purpose?
Attachments:
wood one.jpg
wood two.jpg
Last edited by hearshotkidd at May 29, 2011,
Its cheap plywood which pill probably chip more than a good tonewood.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
so not good for practicing? =\ blah! lol

EDÏT:
Stumbled apon this, found it rather interesting
Attachments:
OSB.jpg
Last edited by hearshotkidd at May 29, 2011,
if you can get good with that piece of plywood you should have no problem on your build!
Call me Dan

Gear:
2015 Les Paul Studio - Wine Red
Ibanez SA120 (black)
Marshall MG100HDFX
Custom Les Paul (work in progress)
About 10 other guitars and a big pedalboard. lol
Im just worried about the chipping of the plywood while im practicing now. I figured it saves me a couple bucks using what my friend has offered. For my first build Im considering building a semi-hollow firebird ^^
Get some scrap hardwood (old unwanted furniture, etc) from a skip or ask around friends, neighbours, etc and see if anyone has any scrap they don't need.
I would just go around and find wood tossed in ally ways like we used to when I was a kid but its been storming pretty bad the past few days and it's getting ready to again. I think im going to give the osb plywood a go since ive nothing better to do right now. I hope my experience with it isnt too bad lol
Routing is not really hardd...just don't rush it, take the time to make templates as they will help loads. Bits are pricey...but a good sharp bit helps immensly.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
just started gluing together the pieces of wood for my body. I start practicing tomorrow will let you guys know how that goes! I already have a body template made that works perfect! Now its just deciding how to do the finish. Ive been thinking a white, grey and black plaid but I'm not for sure yet. Open to ideas!