just got back from samash, cool sales associate suggested i try one of these and i was shocked he let a little 17 year old like me go for it (took the opportunity of course) The tone structure on this guitar completely surprised me. i played through a blackstar (club 60 or something like that) cause the only working marshalls were the MG's. i wasnt ready for their crushing tone. but damn i plugged this thing in, low gain pickups, amazing sustain, got used to the scallops in like 5 minutes, and just wow. im the last guy to ever buy a signature model but this may be the one i buy.

UG got any thoughts?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Start saving up. Seing as you're only 17, you should have just enough saved up by the time you're 70 or so.
Quote by Skullivan
Start saving up. Seing as you're only 17, you should have just enough saved up by the time you're 70 or so.

its not that expensive man, it was 1,699. but im not gonna buy that as my next guitar, but mabye in the future.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Hey if you got the cash and you like the scallops and the tone of the guitar go for it.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Yes, the yngwie strat is an amazingly good guitar, and not really that expensive for such a good american-made signature guitar.
My gear:
Ibanez RG 570 w. Irongear pickups
Tokai EX-55 Korina Explorer
Laney VC50 w. Eminence speakers
Digitech Bad Monkey
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
ISP Decimator
Roland Cube 20X
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Pretty much the only guitar in production w/ a scalloped fretboard without going custom like Warmoth, so if you like the guitar, definitely go for it.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
It's ****ing amazing. One of only 2 strats I would ever buy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I actually think it's decently priced for a signature guitar, I've seen them go as low as $1000 used.
Quote by EspTro
its not that expensive man, it was 1,699. but im not gonna buy that as my next guitar, but mabye in the future.

?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was thinking of the old $12,500 one from Fender Custom Shop. Yeah, that 1700 shouldn't be too hard to fork up in a couple years. Haven't actually seen that one to be honest, I'll check it out.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Pretty much the only guitar in production w/ a scalloped fretboard without going custom like Warmoth, so if you like the guitar, definitely go for it.

umm.. Ritchie Blackmore sig strat

like the malmsteen strat myself. played a couple and once you get used to the scallops it plays great.
Normally, I'd say something about the markup on signature instruments, but that doesn't sound too outlandish to me. I'd still scour the inventories of other guitar makers to see if there is anything equivalent or better in the same price range, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Tom 1.0
It's ****ing amazing. One of only 2 strats I would ever buy.

whats the other one if u dont mind me asking? poking at my curiosity and whatnot
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
whats the other one if u dont mind me asking? poking at my curiosity and whatnot

probably a charvel.

srsly, love the yngwie strat too. really nice guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by EspTro

Cs Modern Strat

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It's an absolute dream, depending of if you like the scallops.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER