So, this is my first guitar with a Floyd on - it's a schaller Floyd Rose original and has a floating bridge.

My concern is that when I bend a note on any string it moves the bridge, and sometimes when I palm mute and alternate pick if I press too hard to palm-mute I've noticed it moves the bridge causing the pitch of the strings to change.

Are these things merely quirks of a floating bridge, and I should just get used to it and exercise more caution whilst playing? Am I just being a total floyd noob? And if not, is this an easily fixable job?
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
This is normal and there's nothing you can really do about it. It is kind of annoying when you're playing two notes and just bending one, as the other note will also go out of tune. But putting any kind of tension on the strings will pull the bridge and that's just natural.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
yeah that's pretty much par for the course. You just have to put up with it, or adjust your technique, or alternatively try some of the other little add-ons which can fix the problems... for a price, because they affect how the floyd functions too, so if you like the floyd to feel as it does now you pretty much just have to put up with it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Standard Floyd behavior - lighten up your right hand when palm muting, don't grind it into the bridge like you would on a fixed bridge, and the bending thing cannot be avoided without blocking the trem
Playing lighter= playing faster and cleaner...get in the habit of it dude.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Actually,check in the back to see how many springs you have. I know some guys that like two springs for easy trem use and for a bit stiffer trem try 4 or 5 springs. A stiffer trem will help you out a lot. No reason to say "That's just how it is." One of the things with a floyd is getting set up how you like it.

Since you are new to floyd style trems I would suggest letting someone else put springs in for you,it will need set up again. If you are familiar on how to properly set up and adjust a Floyd Rose then it's a piece of cake.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Thanks y'all

I'd played plenty enough of guitars with Floyds (mainly licensed ones) owned by my friends but never managed to use one as intensely and exclusively as I have since I bought my Eclipse to notice these little things.

I'm not a shred player really by habit really, I'm more of a feel/lead player and have a pretty aggressive way of picking and accenting individual notes and bends, so I sometimes get a little carried away when doing the palm muted shred stuff - I've just never done it often enough on anything other than a fixed bridge to see the detriment!

I'll try and exercise caution from here on in XD
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
Quote by Air_Vengeance
A stiffer trem will help you out a lot. No reason to say "That's just how it is." One of the things with a floyd is getting set up how you like it.

That's not all I said- what I said was, "That's just how it is if you want it to continue to feel the way it does".

All those other things you mentioned will help, but they'll affect how the trem feels to use. If you don't care, then that's great, but if you do then there's little point in swapping one problem for another one which may annoy you more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?