I'm not sure whether to save for a new guitar or put new pups in my mexi strat.

I have already replaced the neck/ machine heads/ bridge block and will change the pots.

I hate the bridge pickup. Very tinny and harsh.

But then again, I haven't got a backup guitar for gigs which my band do regular, and haven't purchased a new guitar in 4/5 years!!!!!

I really want a Fender Jaguar

Opinions? Tone vs Guitar

Thanks
Depends on what kind of music you play.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
if you've already done all those mods probably worth doing the pickups too.

then again a backup guitar would be useful too.

You could always go with something like tonerider for the pickups, which would likely still be a pretty big improvement over the crap stock MIM pickups but yet not completely break the bank either... (just in case the implication wasn't obvious, i haven't tried the toneriders, but i hear very good things, and their pedals are great)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RockGuitarist09
Get a guitar with good pickups and use your current one as the backup?

^this.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Nice one guys.

Yeah the toneriders looked awsome for the price!

BUT...You can get a set of rock monkeys for like £130! Cheap man. And they're pretty liked I hear? Almost already bought a set, but needed money for other things

I really like my guitar right now. I love the feel so wouldn't want a backup as such. Just 2 guitars to use at a gig and if one fails, backup!

cheers
ask him for a set with calibrated bridge pickup, with a base plate.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
are they really nice then?

I was impressed with the soundclips. When I get paid, I think i'll upgrade them. And buy a guitar later in the year.

I was supposed to buy them on 2 occasions. Shitty money troubles.
ya his pickups work very well for me. single coils and humbuckers. exactly what i wanted haha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by moominman2
Nice one guys.

Yeah the toneriders looked awsome for the price!

BUT...You can get a set of rock monkeys for like £130! Cheap man. And they're pretty liked I hear? Almost already bought a set, but needed money for other things

I really like my guitar right now. I love the feel so wouldn't want a backup as such. Just 2 guitars to use at a gig and if one fails, backup!

cheers

oh if you're willing to stretch a bit there are a couple of handwinders selling pickups for around that price, maybe even a bit less. There's rockmonkey of course, catswhisker, wizard (all in the UK), then a couple in the USA (though presumably postage will cost a lot more, and you'll be liable for ~25% of the total cost, including postage, because of VAT and customs) such as high order, zhangbucker, bg pickups and guitar logistics. oh and leosounds in germany and sp pickups in france (you wouldn't be liable for customs or vat with them, though postage may be a bit more).

I haven't tried any of them, so that's not a recommendation, just pointing out that, while tonerider (or maybe irongear, or those axesrus ones which are allegedly made by tonerider) is the way to go if you're trying to keep it as cheap as possible, you have a lot of options if you're willing to go to the cheapest handwound ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?