Straigh up question, which is better for me, vox tonelab, or boss me25??

I mostly would like to use this pedal at home, as my only live ventures are covered by a straight-up amp sound (seeing as i'm lead singer, i feel i have enough to think about..)

Recording would be nice, i would like to use this as a songwritting tool, as i am the main songwritter in both of my bands, and so some effects would really boost my ability to write some quality for the bands.

I'm not looking for too much in terms of distortion/amp simulation...it's more things like wah sounds, pitch shifter, octaver, fuzz, looper would be nice...that sort of stuff

And of course it goes without saying that reliability is a big factor in this purchase
You think ?? I thought they were okish, but i don't have much experience with multieffects, so i don;t have much to compare to (the selection in the guitar stores here sucks..)
Have you looked at the Digitech rp255 or 355? They both come with Cubase Le software which I heard is good for recording. I myself am searching for a good mfx unit as well and I think I am going to get the rp255. The 255 and 355 both have a Digitech Whammy and a fully customizable expression pedal.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
If you want a looper then the ST is out of the running. I compared the ST and ME-25 and bought the ME-25. Tonewise they are about the same. The only advantage that the ST has is better ergonomics (i.e. user interface). But both pedals have poor controls WRT to footswitches and display. The ST lacks a separate Delay/Mod, which is a pretty big drawback.

The suggestion to look at the RP355 is a good one. You get a drum machine, which is nice for practice and the footswitches have a stompbox mode. WRT to the pitch shifter and the octaver, I can't really say without checking them out. I have the RP1000 and the ME-25. But people have complained that the harmonizer on the RP is quirky. The ME-25 has a 38 sec looper vs. the RP's 20 second. The extra time is nice but you may not find it essential. The clip Sneaky in my profile was done in real time with the ME-25 looper.

I would look past the RP255 because the foot switches are limited.
Hunter2081, it your buget is $200, then you should go with the rp355 if you like the sounds that come from it. Like fly135 said, it has a drum machine and a looper and it's expression pedal is the best out of 3 units.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ok, thanks for the help lads I'll check out the rp355 see what's going on there...the extra time on the boss's looper may not be needed to be honest..