Alright guys, ****. Remember that problem I had the Behringer give me? It sounded like it was clipping on me and it would give me this weird staticy kind of harsh sound and then go away after a while? Now the Peavey is doing it to me, but I doubt it's the amp. I think it's my bass.

At first I thought it was the cable, but I used a different cable and it still happened to me. What should I do? What should I even check? I'm not really familiar with wiring and I wouldn't even begin to know what's wrong if I saw a problem this really sucks. Any help appreciated.
pinga
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The SRX series has an active 2 band EQ does it not? Therefore it is active and has a battery.

Well i'll be a son of a... I thought the pickups had to have a battery for it to be considered active.

brb, gonna go change the battery, hopefully that's the only problem.
pinga
Well, I dont have any 9v, im going to change it tomorrow. Hopefully that solves my problem.

Funny thing is, I got two AA batteries thinking that might possibly be the battery and then I facepalmed and said "dude, it's a bass guitar not a tv remote controller"
pinga
Haha, yeah. If the battery ends up being the problem though, that means the Behringer was actually fine!

lol nah, Peavey > Behringer
pinga
Wouldn't doubt it ha, I recently had the same issue with my behringer, assumed I was having one of those "meltdowns horror stories" everyone says happens to them, and went out and bought an Acoustic amp, only to find my battery's needed to be changed. Can you say fail? Anyways, gave the perfectly functional behringer to a budding musician i know who was wanting to give bass a shot, and I got a nice new amp no complaints
Yeah, if it wasn't for my sudden battery problems, I would've never seen/bought my new amp. Im actually glad it happened when it did.

This thread is now the "How Behringer improved your life" thread
pinga
You should maybe take the **** behringer out of your sig. If it was just the batteries.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
You should maybe take the **** behringer out of your sig. If it was just the batteries.

Nah, it looks good there

But hey guys, is Behringer bad on all levels or is it just specifically bass/guitar gear? I want a korg racktuner, but it's like $200 and the behringer is only like $70..

pinga
One of the guitarists in my old band had one. Couldn't really recommend it for bass. Struggles on going below a low E. If you want to tune your B on a five string... Don't even bother.

Some of their "pro-audio" stuff is alright for the price I've heard. The studio monitors, mixers and stuff, still nothing special though and I wouldn't buy them personally.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
^ Haven't had personal experience, but I've heard a lot of reports over the net saying the same thing about bad tracking with that tuner.

Quote by Cb4rabid
Nah, it looks good there

But hey guys, is Behringer bad on all levels or is it just specifically bass/guitar gear? I want a korg racktuner, but it's like $200 and the behringer is only like $70..

Their pro audio gear sounds great for the price but is pretty fragile. Same goes for their guitar and bass effects pedals. It's just their amps that I'm leery of--everything else I've been satisfied with for the price. I actually really miss the behringer compressor I sold and will probably pick another one up.

(I take that perfect record back: the multi-effects rack unit I had was garbage, but the other rack gear was pretty nice).
I bought thier studio moniters before but they lasted three month before speakers blew.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Man, it's a shame. Cheap studio shit anybody could afford but it's complete garbage I wanted to like Behringer but there's so many negative things about it, plus their logo is ugly.
pinga
Sweet, I just changed the battery, everything is bacon again. Thanks delirium for reminding me my bass has a battery
pinga
Quote by consecutive e
One of the guitarists in my old band had one. Couldn't really recommend it for bass. Struggles on going below a low E. If you want to tune your B on a five string... Don't even bother.

Some of their "pro-audio" stuff is alright for the price I've heard. The studio monitors, mixers and stuff, still nothing special though and I wouldn't buy them personally.

just tune off the 5th fret harmonic.

Quote by Cb4rabid
Man, it's a shame. Cheap studio shit anybody could afford but it's complete garbage I wanted to like Behringer but there's so many negative things about it, plus their logo is ugly.

I have my behringer logos face down against my amp with my bands name written on the back.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at May 30, 2011,
Quote by the_perdestrian
just tune off the 5th fret harmonic.

I prefer the idea of buying something that actually works. You know like what you're paying for and stuff.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
well yeah. just saying that it can be done. and I usually tune off that harmonic anyway, I don't really know why.
no sir away a papaya war is on