I have a question on how to add a pushing effect While strumming I don't know the real name for this sorry. It's kinda hard to explain but its like the next chord Is being thrown forward and it has a real cool effect. Could someone please explain how to so this please. Sorry if this makes no sense what so ever!
Quote by Tpiz
I have a question on how to add a pushing effect While strumming I don't know the real name for this sorry. It's kinda hard to explain but its like the next chord Is being thrown forward and it has a real cool effect. Could someone please explain how to so this please. Sorry if this makes no sense what so ever!

You mean a slide?
If so. you just move your fretting hand to the next chord (with the same chord shape) from a lower position on the fretboard while keeping it on the strings. Though I don't really comprehend what you're trying to say.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
It's not a slide it's more of a rhythm strumming thing going on.. the song mr jones by the counting crows is a good example of it but I cannot seem to get the same effect :p
Would be helpful if you could link a demonstration on youtube with a timestamp when it's used in a song.

EDIT: I think I know what you mean. Instead of starting the chord on the beat, you play it one eigth note early.
Last edited by Silent Murder at May 29, 2011,
Thanks a lot.. I couldn't work out how to do it to save my life. Sorry about the crappy explanation lol. Cheers it works great