ok i am new when it comes to pedals, but i got this pedal called the coolcat metal 2 or something. it was about 30 bucks and it had excellent reviews. everyone said how great it sounds and how its built like a tank. well i followed all the instructions and when i tried to set it up, even the damn light wont turn on. i was pretty mad about this and i am wondering what the hell could be wrong with it. i dont have an ac power supply and i used the battery it came with. i also switched another battery into it to see if that was the problem but no, it isnt. so i am wondering, what could be wrong with it? its full metal and i dont see how something brand new like that could come broken
yes everything was plugged in correctly. i am just wondering, but does it need to be plugged into the amp for power otherwise(like the light thing? and rememeber i am new to this)
ya. as far as i remember, i had everything plugged into where it should be. i am not there right now at the moment so i cant see exactly how i did it. but on the amp , the inputs were either pwr in or pwr out i think, something like that.
i do remember, if this makes any difference, that when i pressed the power button on the pedal, (when the clean channel was on) that no sound at all from the amp would go on. does this have any significance?
Quote by gulsk
i do remember, if this makes any difference, that when i pressed the power button on the pedal, (when the clean channel was on) that no sound at all from the amp would go on. does this have any significance?

It means that the pedal isn't true bypass.

Have you considered that the battery in the pedal might be dead?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yes i have. i changed the battery a few times to see if that was the issue
ok if anyone is still reading this, i have tried everything u guys said to do and yet-nothing still. dead battery is not an issue, it was plugged in correctly, and the thing even has a true bypass sticker on it. so what should i do? just get a new and better pedal?
if it says its true bypass and there isnt any sound coming through (even when the pedal isn't turned on), either the company is lying or there's a dodgy connection at the input/output jacks. If you can, open it up and check the connections to the input and output.
You say you have it plugged in correctly but you still haven't laid out what you mean by that. Explain to us exactly where the cables are plugged in.

You should have a 1/4 cable going from your guitar to the input of the pedal and then another 1/4 cable going from the output of the pedal to the instrument input of your amp.
my guitar is plugged into the pedal input. the output of the pedal is plugged into the input of the amp
There's your problem. Just plug the output from the pedal into the standard amp input jack.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
ya i just did all of that and still nothing. im seriously thinking about just forgetting about it