I just bought a used epiphone sg, but I'm not sure exactly which one it is (g400, g310, etc). Any advice?
The G-310 has dot in lays and Gibson speed dials. Also, If it has original pickups on it the G-400 has covered humbuckers.
Last edited by Most_Triumphant at May 29, 2011,
This has a cherry finish (no gloss) and chrome covered humbuckers. Inlays are pearl(?) colored, not dot tho.
Trapezoid then? With no gloss? Thats probably the Faded or Vintage G-400 (both are the same thing Epi just changed the names)

Orange? Yup thats the Faded. I own one. Nice guitar.
Awesome, thanx guys! Now question 2: what can I use to clean/polish the body? I've got some linseed oil for the neck, but I'm not sure what to use on the body
Yep, that's it! Mine seems a darker color, but I'm assuming that's the flash from the camera
i have the goth g-400, just cause i got it and a SKB case for $210 on the bay xD
Quote by timnugent
Yep, that's it! Mine seems a darker color, but I'm assuming that's the flash from the camera

yea the sun was shining right on it. for the polish, im not sure, i haven't polished, though where my arm rests, it is polished
I play guitar.
hahaha I'm more worried about cleaning. There are a few oily hand prints I can't get off with a dry rag