Hey guys, so i've had this vox vt50 amp for quite some time now (about 2 hand a half years) and i think im ready for an upgrade on amps, the only problem is i dont want to spend 1500 on a boutique head and cab. I just want a nice tube head (ive had enough of solid state distortion).

I play blues all the way to metal and classical. My guitar is in the description. Used can be an option tell me what to look for because it might be on ebay if its an older head. Thanks guys. If you want more info just say so.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
K - how much are you willing to spend? Also, where do you live so we can find Craiglist recs?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
id say, 500 on just the head then i can find a cab. 500 or below is fair. a little above 500 is too doesnt have to be exactly 500
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
thats 700 dollars and i havent heard many good things about that line of marshalls...
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
I have a Mesa TA-15. $ 675 used, great condition. A little more than you are thinking, but pm me if you want more details.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
I'm not exactly a wizard at amps, but I do know the Fender Mustang III is one that can play Blues pretty well.

http://www.fender.com/products/mustang/models.php?prodNo=230003

I'm not recommending it to you, because I don't own one myself. But I'm just suggesting an affordable amp that has a lot of good reviews on it.

Just check it out; if you don't like it, you don't like it. But its worth a check.
ive read plenty of reviews on the mustang its a solid state digital amp, ive already got one of those...i dont want another im just looking for an good quality affordable tube head.

Anyone about the JCA50H???only 499.99. it can do metal epic and any other tone.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
ive read plenty of reviews on the mustang its a solid state digital amp, ive already got one of those...i dont want another im just looking for an good quality affordable tube head.

Anyone about the JCA50H???only 499.99. it can do metal epic and any other tone.

Good amp. I got the 20. Plenty of gain. And the 50 has more. Cleans aren't the best but they were better than the VT50 I had. Pair it with some good speakers and you'll be more than happy.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I see what your saying dice, im not a gain freak, personally i hate when metal bands max out there gain and it loses the natural sound of the guitar itself. So i heard the JCA50 is a very good amp. I was also thinking about getting the 20 but im probably gonna be doing more stuff than just playing with a drummer and jamming soon anyway. So i think the 50 is a good choice.

Any others to rec?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Id say unless you go the used route thats one of the best routes to take. Maybe find a used jcm800 or slx or something
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!