I am doing this build on a strat style guitar and need help with wiring the inside. I am intending to use three humbuckers with one 500k volume and two 500k tones and either a three way switch or a five way switch. The proble is that one of my pickups is a two wire humbucker while the others are both four wire humbuckers. It would be very helpful for some guidance in the wiring of this guitar and even better for a diagram and also I would like suggestions on which switch would be the best choice. The color of the wires in the four wire humbuckers are white, black, red, green, and a copper colored wire without the plastic. The color of the two wire pickup is white and a silver naked wire coated in one plastic wire. Any help would be much appreciated. (Im new at this building thing so for my sake make it as simple as possible)
Alright, for the two wire humbucker, the white coated wire is hot and the uncoated wire is the ground. A wire without a coating is always ground.

The four wire ones could vary depending on the make of the pickup. I can't be more help with that, sorry.

The general circuit could be that of a strat, with 2 tones, and a 5 way, all wired up the same.
thank you hawk i still dony understand where i will have to solder all the pickup wires and i would like to make the switch go 1- neck 2- neck and middle 3- all pickups 4- middle and bridge 5- bridge and would like to know how to do this plus if it is possible i would like to know how to make the four wire pickups into 2 wire pickups while still keeping the switch plan the same. i dont know if it would help any but the wires in the four wire pickups will match up with the color scheme of seymour duncan color scheme
Last edited by Slicer84 at May 30, 2011,
Quote by Slicer84
thank you hawk i still dony understand where i will have to solder all the pickup wires and i would like to make the switch go 1- neck 2- neck and middle 3- all pickups 4- middle and bridge 5- bridge and would like to know how to do this plus if it is possible i would like to know how to make the four wire pickups into 2 wire pickups while still keeping the switch plan the same. i dont know if it would help any but the wires in the four wire pickups will match up with the color scheme of seymour duncan color scheme

1- neck 2- neck and middle 3- all pickups 4- middle and bridge 5- bridge

This is not possible, at least not with any switch I know of.

I know alot of circuits with regular single coils, but not with humbuckers. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Other than that, look at this http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiring_resources_guitar_wiring_diagrams/

Something there may help you.
thanks hawk for you help and if any info is found please tell me right away. im going to go study everything there is to know about the electronics and see if i can comprehend any of it.