Hey guys, I have a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman, and I've been having trouble with it. It's a super old guitar, and I've been told that it's worth quite a bit of money. The tuning knobs are stripped, and I need to get some new ones. Does anybody know if Guitar Center has those kind of tuning knobs in stock, or would I have to call ahead and have them order them, or do they even exist anymore? I'd really like to keep it with 100% genuine Gretsch parts so one day I can sell it. If Guitar Center won't do it, anybody know where I can get some old parts like that and replace them myself? How much do you think it would cost?

Thanks so much, you guys!
XBL: Kgrimes2
Steam: The_Anfauglir
Gamecenter: Kgrimes2
Wii Friend Code: 4970 3999 0634 0858
Twitter: KevinGrimes2
If you're looking to keep it all original with Gretsch tuners and it's a 60s model your best bet is probably ebay and it will probably cost you a couple of hundred bucks. You could always go with Grover Imperials, which are what they are using on the reissues and can be found at Stewmac or SamAsh.com for about $70.
I am in Canada, so we do not have GC around, at least here in Ontario that I know of. I am sure you could see if they could order them, the worst they can say is no. Another option could be to order them right from gretch, they would have them. This would probably be expensive though. I would say that would be your best option.

tl/dr: Get a hold of Gretch, best bet
I any case keep the old tuners for selling with the guitar later. Stripped or not, vintage gear heads usually want them.
I looked on eBay, and I can't find a set of them anywhere. And my only thing with Guitar Center is that the nearest one is like two hours away, and I didn't want to drive out there only to find out that I couldn't get it fixed. If worst comes to worst, I think I'll just buy some cheaper tuners that look like the ones I have now and use them. If it ever comes to selling my guitar, I'll put the old stripped ones on it. Thanks, guys!
Any Fender dealer/distributer can get you gretsch parts. If you're going to go with an upgraded tuner instead of trying to go original, I'd go with a locking tuner from Grover, or Sperzel.

A quick google search will tell you how much your C.A. is worth. Run the serial number and you'll be able to get specific info on it.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I can't find a website on it anywhere. You have an idea? The serial number is 48305.