Hello I have a vlh 15 amP with an eminence speaker it has a megadrive and clean channel mix and another channel for bypass and my effects are a Jekyll and Hyde (overdrive and distortion pedal). An ibanez ts808 tube screamer. A BOSS CH-1 super chorus. A standard crybaby wah ( suggest another?). Anyway I play Hendrix, 80s metal and some newer metal ya know that style of music. I play in drop c, drop d, standard, half step sown tunings. I was looking for settings and pedal orders or suggestions for other pedals would be appreciated I'm planning on getting a wide variety wah so thanks for any help I can get on this and btw I'm getting a line 6 spider IV 15 W I know its not loud as he'll but it'll do the job for brand new at $69.99 anyways suggestions dude just no flaming.
help me with my "rig" but don't rip on my $70 amp? help me shove a pedal in front so it sounds good.

ok.

really?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Suggestions? Buy a better amp. Im not flaming, you can put as many pedals in front of it as possible but a $70 isn't going to sound great.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Quote by MR.Shamanistica
Suggestions? Buy a better amp. Im not flaming, you can put as many pedals in front of it as possible but a $70 isn't going to sound great.

So a line 6 spider IV 15 that's 199.99 retail msrp isn't going to sound good?
With 2 pedals idk bout the super chorus anymore.
Quote by metal4life420
Well I just asked for help what do I need for good tone?

a better amp

the amp is the foundation of your tone, you can't build a good tone with a dodgy foundation
Quote by metal4life420
Well I just asked for help what do I need for good tone?

look into a jet city 20 watt combo. boost that with a tubescreamer.
I didn't mean I was playing in a band I use backing tracks n shit but I also don't want to spend 300-400 on a new amp right now anyway. Sorry but I gotta make this work for now Im still playing with the vlh shitass thing for now
shitass amp = shitass tone no matter what you do brah. Save up some dough for a new amp. Until then use free VST amp sims
Guitars
Amps
How did you get all those pedals then? You want to buy a $70 spider but you've somehow acquired $300+ worth of pedals? Not flaming just saying. If all you can afford at the moment is the spider then save your money, that amp does not take pedals well at all. Trust me, it'll be worth it to save up for a nice tube amp. Until then, work on your EQing and see if you can improve your tone with what you have for now.

And if you do decide to bite the bullet on a decent amp then I second the Jet City 20W suggestion.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
If your going to get a modeling amp, their are way better ones.
And you don't need to save up $300 -$400.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Damn dude well I already bought it before I even posted this so idk man I hope it sounds good....I'll sell off some my pedals I got for cheap and get a tube amp is there any decent tube amps for around 300?
I actually have one. it hasn't even been a year yet and its kinda giving out already.
But they really are not that bad, its just that their is better amps for the prices.

And I don't know about tube amps for $300 but I know of a few hybrid amps for that price.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 29, 2011,
I found out what a hybrid amp is ok now what are good brands of hybrid amps and do pedals sound good with them?
Quote by metal4life420
Damn dude well I already bought it before I even posted this so idk man I hope it sounds good....I'll sell off some my pedals I got for cheap and get a tube amp is there any decent tube amps for around 300?

Pretty sure the jet city 20 watt combos where 299 at one point... Might still be idk
correct me i'm wrong i'm not in the usa
All tube
good amp!
I see the jet city 20 used for $200. They price dropped at sam ash to $299 iirc. Plus its the big sale weekend so I'm sure they are lower anyway. Or the guitar center used section.

Its the best budget option I'm aware of.