Hey Pit, I've recently had musician ear plugs made up as the doctor ordered so my tinnitus doesn't get worse. However, now when I play with them in, all I can hear is the ringing. If I turn the amp up, it's still all i can hear. I'm also not to play unplugged without them in as well.

Without them in, I'm fine, but I've been told my hearing will become damaged faster then normal so I have to use them.

Does anyone else have this problem?
"I don't claim you'll have a better time with Colt 45...but why take chances" - Billy Dee Williams
Never experienced anyone else with this problem, however, docs orders, it sucks but it's better than being deaf.
Jesus i thought i had bad tinnitus.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
No.

I'm not aware of your particular set of circumstances, but I'd imagine that if you continue to wear them the ringing will subside and eventually go away. It will come back (It always does) but I think the problem at the moment is just that your ears are still ringing from the last time they were damages and the earplugs seem to be making it worse just because when you put them in you can't hear anything else.

Trust me though, they're definitely not doing you any harm.
I'm mostly deaf in my left ear :/ so I know what it will be like if I don't wear them. Ah the joys of being a 19yr old.
"I don't claim you'll have a better time with Colt 45...but why take chances" - Billy Dee Williams
So, if I go into a room thats ALL quiet and I hear ringing noise, althrough just slightly, is that tennintus? Like it only happens if there's no other noise at all.
You're cutting out more of the sound around you and hearing the tinnitus more because it's from within. If i put ear plugs in i'll hear abit of ringing cus i have it slightly, you shouldn't be hearing it whilst you're playing the guitar though.
happens to me kinda. when i play without ear plugs i dont hear the ringing due to the loudness of the amp, but once you block the volume of the amp with the ear plugs your back to hearing just the the ringing.
It's all I hear with them in unless I set the amp up high and strum madly. Playin riffs is a different story
Duh. With the plugs on it's just you and your tinnitus.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
You're dampening the outside sound, so there is less to wash the ringing out with. That's why you hear the ringing more.

Keep using ear protection.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Just turn everything up louder so that you no longer hear the ringing. At least, that's what I do.

My tinnitus isn't so bad... Which is surprising seeing as we have one of the loudest drummers in the state... (no bullshit)

I only use one earplug on the drums side of me, and that works just fine. I don't reckon I'd last very long without that earplug, though...
I get this really bad on some days, usually it doesn't affect me though. It sucks though, proper ruins your day.
Quote by J.Rodier
I'm mostly deaf in my left ear :/ so I know what it will be like if I don't wear them. Ah the joys of being a 19yr old.

Are you one of those guys who brags about his friends how loud his 1000000Watt Marshall amps and cabs can be, if you turn volume to 10.
Quote by pugachev
So, if I go into a room thats ALL quiet and I hear ringing noise, althrough just slightly, is that tennintus? Like it only happens if there's no other noise at all.

I've noticed this too, but I don't think it's tinnitus. More likely, it is a sound which comes from within the body.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by pugachev

yup thats tinnitus. if you dont have it that bad it isnt loud enough for you to notice unless its really quiet. im the same
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Damn.. you must have it bad.. do what the doctor says.. and wear the damn headphones.
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!