i decided im going to cut a trem block from some wood right now, but i just restrung my guitar today. can i install the block with the strings? how? (vintage style trem btw)
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Are you making a tone block or something to stop the trem from diving? If you just want to stop it then yes, you can leave the strings in.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
Are you making a tone block or something to stop the trem from diving? If you just want to stop it then yes, you can leave the strings in.

i want to block it so it isnt usuable. how would i go about it with the strings on?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
The strings have nothing to do with it if the guitar has a fender style trem. Just take the back cover off and wedge a piece of wood in there and you'll be good to go.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
The strings have nothing to do with it if the guitar has a fender style trem. Just take the back cover off and wedge a piece of wood in there and you'll be good to go.

thought you had to have the strings off to loosen the trem to fit the wedge?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
you can just loosen the strings and maybe pull up a tremolo bar if you need more room.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
you can just loosen the strings and maybe pull up a tremolo bar if you need more room.

+1

It should fit really snugly as well. What kind of wood are you using?
Quote by argentotenebre
+1

It should fit really snugly as well. What kind of wood are you using?

found a nice block of cedar, supposed to be a strong wood
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I blocked my trem a few weeks ago. Used folded paper
Whoops!
It's quite stable though.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Well here it is

Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED

looks about right?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED