Measure the distance between the centers of the outer polepieces.
If it's 50mm, get the SH4
If it's 54mm, get the TB4

I think the SH4 would be a better fit for a Les Paul, but you should measure to be sure.
If it has a metal cover on it then it won't fit in the existing mounting ring. Trembuckers with metal covers come with a matte black flat mounting ring but that won't fit a Les Paul either. Only use a trembucker with a Les Paul if it's one without a cover. A regular JB, with or without cover, will fit in a Les Paul and thousands of people use that, there's almost never any need to use a trembucker in an LP. If you do need a humbucker with wider spacing then try DiMarzio instead, their wider spaced pickups can have a cover and still fit in regular humbucker mounting rings.
I wouldn't suggest a JB for a Les Paul. Gets too muddy. Try a Duncan Custom 5.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
just get the normal one. The trembucker version is for trem-fitted guitars.
yeah the trem is for guitars with a trem, that is how they are spaced. I'm assuming ur Les don't have a trem
Quote by oneblackened
I wouldn't suggest a JB for a Les Paul. Gets too muddy. Try a Duncan Custom 5.

tell that to my les paul, no mud in my bridge humbucker sh-4. guess it depends on the guitar too.
i can only praise the JB.
+1 for Duncan Custom 5.

When i tried a JB in a Les Paul, It sounded fizzy and had too much mids. I think the mids from the mahogany and mids from the JB made it sound weird.

However I thought the JB sounded good on an alder bodied guitar (Charvel San Dimas). The mids of the JB really beefs up the bright alder body.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
+1 for Duncan Custom 5.

When i tried a JB in a Les Paul, It sounded fizzy and had too much mids. I think the mids from the mahogany and mids from the JB made it sound weird.

However I thought the JB sounded good on an alder bodied guitar (Charvel San Dimas). The mids of the JB really beefs up the bright alder body.

I always have had the experience of the JB making LP's muddy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The JB is a hit and miss in LPs. Some might sound fine, but most will have weird spikes and dips in the EQ spectrum. It gets all middy, harsh and loose.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.