So it doesn't have its own FX-Loop and if you run the GMajor 2 in the FX Loop (for the delays, reverbs, chorus, other mods), how badly does the Wah, Whammy, Harmonizing suck on it?

I mean, they gotta have some algorithms to process the signal with these fx after the preamp.. anyone got some insights on it? I was pretty much set on G Major 2 but then I started getting a bit nervous about it after finding out it doesn't have an fx loop of its own..
The pitch shifting is fine in the loop on my GM1.
It doesn't have a harmoniser though so I can't say how that would sound on the GM2, and the wah/filter is pretty useless to me because I already have a wah, so I never use it

Really it won't be that bad.
I see, I have been looking for the wah clips or people who'hv used it to see whats up with it cause im skeptical since the pod xt live wah in the loop that i have sounds like garbage lol
wah in the loop does sound like garbage. As does pitch shifting.

I have no idea why they did that. If I had a G major, I'd need two. One for the front and one for the FXloop. I was actually really considering the G major for awhile but decided I'd much rather have something capable of the 4CM
the harmonizing doesnt sound too bad. It sounds pretty good if you can run the dry signal to one amp and the harmonized to another amp, but if not it is still decent. The wah...on clean it can do passable tones for someone like me who doesnt really use wah. But if you legitimately enjoy using wah, it won't cut it, everything else pretty much sounds great in the loop. The compressor doesnt really work that well in the loop, but can be used as a bit of a boost.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Ignite
wah in the loop does sound like garbage. As does pitch shifting.

I have no idea why they did that. If I had a G major, I'd need two. One for the front and one for the FXloop. I was actually really considering the G major for awhile but decided I'd much rather have something capable of the 4CM

I see. I notice you have the HD500, how do the fx in it stack up against the Gmajor?
I always thought pitch shifting sounded cool in the loop or after the dirt. When you harmonize two separate guitars, the signals are already overdriven/distorted, as opposed to both of them being distorted at the same time (Like two guitars playing through one amp). Depends what kind of sound you're trying to achieve.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by OhSoInsane
I see. I notice you have the HD500, how do the fx in it stack up against the Gmajor?

That I can't comment on. I've never played a G Major.. I know that makes my first post sound less credible but if the G Major does those effects normally, then it still applies. The way wahs and pitch shifters work, they always sound better in front.

Quote by Reincaster
I always thought pitch shifting sounded cool in the loop or after the dirt. When you harmonize two separate guitars, the signals are already overdriven/distorted, as opposed to both of them being distorted at the same time (Like two guitars playing through one amp). Depends what kind of sound you're trying to achieve.

Also this.

When you put a pitch effect in the loop, it takes the colored distorted sound and shifts the pitch, causing a noticeable rise or drop in formant and doesn't sound natural. If you put it in the front, the clean signal gets shifted, but the preamp colors the tone so much you can't tell it's been messed with.

The problem is, when it's in front, the harmonized notes get squished together by the preamp as if you played the two notes on the same guitar. In the FXloop, they come out cleanly but then you get that tinny thin pitch shifted sound.
Last edited by Ignite at May 30, 2011,
Quote by Ignite
That I can't comment on. I've never played a G Major.. I know that makes my first post sound less credible but if the G Major does those effects normally, then it still applies. The way wahs and pitch shifters work, they always sound better in front.

Also this.

When you put a pitch effect in the loop, it takes the colored distorted sound and shifts the pitch, causing a noticeable rise or drop in formant and doesn't sound natural. If you put it in the front, the clean signal gets shifted, but the preamp colors the tone so much you can't tell it's been messed with.

The problem is, when it's in front, the harmonized notes get squished together by the preamp as if you played the two notes on the same guitar. In the FXloop, they come out cleanly but then you get that tinny thin pitch shifted sound.

There, that's the word I was looking for, clean. Although, it sounds TOO clean if that makes any sense. Besides, pitch shifting sounds anything but natural. Really, the only real solution to this is to use the other output on the whammy (dunno if the TC has this feature, probably does) and run separate dirt/eq settings to make it more natural.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Hmm. I think my game plan would be to get the G Major 2 and a controller and run it in FX Loop. See how the wah/whammy/harmonies sound and if im unsatisfied, i'll buy a G Major 1 as well or any other multieffects rack with good sounding wah/whammy and place it at front.

Practically, I COULD just get an M13 instead of a GMajor 2 and a GMajor 1 but I haven't heard great things about M13 when compared with TC stuff haha.