I just got a new guitar and the guy threw the hard shell case in free and said i just need to get the smell out of it. Its kind of like an old musty smoke smell. Ive already tried febreeze and putting a box of baking soda in it for a couple days but it didnt work. Does anyone know how to get the smell out? Id rather not throw it away becuase its a really nice and expensive hard shell case.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

There are three places: "where you were", "where you are" and "where you want to be".

Story of my life
Try leaving the case open. If not you can buy those deodorizers you use for laundry or the house. They come in many forms, but I like the ones that come in these cool jelly looking beads.
Where do you live, and how's the weather most of the time? I had a very "smoky" smelling case, and I left it open outside for about 2 days, and it got rid of the smell.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
I like the smell of a new case.. it's like buying a new car.

Edit: I'll read the first post next time.

Um.... yeah the kittens thing sounds like it'll work.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at May 30, 2011,
If you got cologne you could try spraying that on it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Just let it air out. It'll go away for the most part. However, be warned: it won't go completely away. My case smelled like pot when I got it, and my mom STILL asks me if I'm stashing weed in my guitar stuff since most of it smells like its been getting smoked out in a room full of pot smoke for about a week.

Which is odd, because I honestly don't smoke.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Fill it with horse5hit.

It's bound to get rid of the smoky smell....
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.