I bought a new ephiphone les paul the other day and have been finding the sound keeps cutting out when playing through my amp. I have tightened the guitar socket and this seemed to work ad then the next day it started to happen again. I then tightened it up a bit tighter and it seems to be working. Just wondering if anyone else has encounterd this or offer any advice? Should I take it to a guitar tech? I can't return it as the shop is over 150 miles away (plus I don't want to as I love it)
Look up Loktite or put a VERY SMALL drop of nail polish on the threads.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Did you tighten it without holding the jack socket from the inside? If not, its pretty likely you've broken/strained the wires to the socket, pick up a soldering iron and touch them up. It takes 2 minutes, you dont need a guitar tech.
Quote by beckyjc
Did you tighten it without holding the jack socket from the inside? If not, its pretty likely you've broken/strained the wires to the socket, pick up a soldering iron and touch them up. It takes 2 minutes, you dont need a guitar tech.

This is probably it. I had some issues with the input jack on my LP as well, and all it took was a little soldering to get it going. However, getting a new input jack might be a good idea. They're not expensive (cost me $10, and here almost everything is pricier than in the US) and are definitely an improvement, at least over the old one. If you're not up to it, then just solder it up
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult