Page 1 of 2
Ronnie Radke, of ex-Escape The Fate fame, finally has a song out with his new band Falling In Reverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtokqvMLiVQ

It's like old Escape The Fate, actually pretty impressed, cos it's what I fell in love with back when I first listened to Dying Is Your Latest Fashion, as opposed to the Motley Crue-esque Glam Rock shit that Escape The Fate has become.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Have a friend who's big into Escape The Fate with Ronnie. Their first album isn't bad, but the other two are complete shit. This band isn't bad. Nothing special, but not bad.
Wasn't their first album released in parts? Like, half of it was more post-hardcore and the other half was more pop-punk. I remember reading an Altpress interview with Ronnie a while back where he said they wanted to do that. Also, they aren't bad at all. Personally, I am a fan of Ronnie's. He really knows what he is doing when it comes to writing music. After all, a lot of Escape the Fate's Dying Is Your Latest Fashion was written solely by Ronnie.
holy pop punk
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Album is out next month apparently, a tracklisting is floating around the internet somewhere.

Listen Up isn't on it I agree that Ronnie knows what he's doing.

I think it's funny than Craig Mabbitt's three main bands (The Word Alive, Blessthefall and Escape The Fate) have all released their best albums without him in it.

Escape The Fate are a joke now, and Falling In Reverse are going to do well. I heard they are signed already.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Not listening because Ronnie Radke is just another shitty scene queen and he was probably someone's bitch in jail.
ETF are meh and so is this.
Listenable, but i'd rather listen to something else.

And is this what constitutes as Pop Punk or Emo these days, christ.
Quote by Rocks ur Life
Wasn't their first album released in parts? Like, half of it was more post-hardcore and the other half was more pop-punk. I remember reading an Altpress interview with Ronnie a while back where he said they wanted to do that. Also, they aren't bad at all. Personally, I am a fan of Ronnie's. He really knows what he is doing when it comes to writing music. After all, a lot of Escape the Fate's Dying Is Your Latest Fashion was written solely by Ronnie.

You're kidding right? He wrote the lyrics to one and a half songs on that album. And the vocal melody. Nothing more. Craig can actually write. (not defending him, just stating a fact)
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by thePTOD
You're kidding right? He wrote the lyrics to one and a half songs on that album. And the vocal melody. Nothing more. Craig can actually write. (not defending him, just stating a fact)

There's no debate that Ronnie is far better. Seriously, Craig is shit.

I know I'm going to get hate for.this, but I like escape the fate with Craig better than Ronnie. I think this is due to my discovering of blessthefall before.escape... anyways I like falling in reverse........just not the Ronnie part......I guess thats the best way to explain it. Hey, maybe since he was in escape the fate hell get kicked out of a bunch of bands like Craig lololol.
Quote by ETHANEVIL
I know I'm going to get hate for.this, but I like escape the fate with Craig better than Ronnie. I think this is due to my discovering of blessthefall before.escape... anyways I like falling in reverse........just not the Ronnie part......I guess thats the best way to explain it. Hey, maybe since he was in escape the fate hell get kicked out of a bunch of bands like Craig lololol.
Hello.
Quote by due 07
Hello.
Haha wierd I was just looking at the train wreck of a first b&a thread and then you come up. That wasn't as bitchy as I probably made it sound.
Escape The Fate were better without Craig.
The Word Alive were better without Craig.
Blessthefall were better without Craig.

BTF and TWA weren't bad with Craig, but ETF was.

I'm not sure on the synth bits in Raised By Wolves, but the rest of the song is great. Can't stop listening.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Escape The Fate were better without Craig.
The Word Alive were better without Craig.
Blessthefall were better without Craig.

BTF and TWA weren't bad with Craig, but ETF was.

I'm not sure on the synth bits in Raised By Wolves, but the rest of the song is great. Can't stop listening.

I'm not sure about that.

As far as I know Craig joined ETF when the writing process for the 2nd album was almost done and he was rushed to write the lyrics, not to mention he had hassle with his old label. With the new album I think the producer played a big role, Don Gilmore has produced bands like Good Charlotte, Linking Park and BFMV and arguably made them all worse in the process, more catchy but worse (I am aware that might not make sense). People also say Craig /ETF sucks at live shows but I saw them last wednseday in a small venue and they weren't bad at all, although I can imagine them being poor in a bigger venue. With TWA I have mixed views, I like them both with and without Craig, I would have liked to see how they developed with him as I thought he seemed quite good with them from the early recordings. BTF were only on their first album with Craig and as with all debut's it wasn't the most polished affair, had he continued with them I think he would have improved a lot. In any case BTF haven't actually changed that much since Craig left, the guitarists still play the same progressions on most songs and there is more emphasis on clean vocals due to the new singer not being much of a screamer.

I'm no massive Craig fan, I hate some of his work and lyrics, but he isn't as bad as people like to make out.

In any case, I'm glad that Falling In Reverse finally have some material out there that doesn't sound rough as hell on the vocal side of things.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by thePTOD

If Ronnie only wrote on and a half songs then who wrote the rest of the lyrics?
Are you trying to say that Craig wrote on Dying Is Your Latest Fashion?
If you are, I will find you and slap you really, really hard!
Craig wasn't even on the ETF scene when DIYLF came out

Ronnie wrote all the lyrics to Dying Is Your latest Fashion, I don't know if he wrote all the music to it though, that seems a little far-fetched.

But vocal melodies and lyrics was his.

Ronnie is a genius with lyrics, craig has NOTHING on him at all in that department.
Mission : Operation Shred
Quote by wam666

Ronnie wrote all the lyrics to Dying Is Your latest Fashion, I don't know if he wrote all the music to it though, that seems a little far-fetched.

Ronnie is a genius with lyrics, craig has NOTHING on him at all in that department.

He wrote Not Good Enough for Truth In Cliche and a few other songs with a friend, not with Escape The Fate.
Ronnie wrote all the lyrics to the EP and DIYLF, which are their two best records.

Quote by Rocks ur Life
He wrote Not Good Enough for Truth In Cliche and a few other songs with a friend, not with Escape The Fate.

Ok?
it still says he has written all the lyrics for DIYLF in the cover of the cd.
Doesn't really matter if he wrote them with someone or not, that's just the same as a band situation.
Lyrics are usually mostly, if not completely done by the person singing them.
Obviously there are some exceptions to that.

And if ETF were some of the ones helping him out with lyrics ( i know you said with a friend, not etf) then the lyrical content would continue as good through the other 2 albums and to be honest, it really hasn't.
I ha Escape The Fate on shuffle today, and my library has mainly old stuff, and some new stuff by them,

I noticed that old ETF weren't technical at all but had weight in their lyrics, but new ETF were Dragonforce rip offs, but generally the songs were sub par.

Songwriting > Technicality every time.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I ha Escape The Fate on shuffle today, and my library has mainly old stuff, and some new stuff by them,

I noticed that old ETF weren't technical at all but had weight in their lyrics, but new ETF were Dragonforce rip offs, but generally the songs were sub par.

Songwriting > Technicality every time.

This kid knows where it's at.
But why would I even take a band with a androgyn asian guitarist seriously? No honestly, ETF were never any good or innovative or whatever. I also don't understand why people think Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche is a great song. The lyrics are ok but the melodies are a little bit hit and miss all the time
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by wam666

Check your facts man. You're a Ronnie fanboy. Craig didn't write anything on DIYLF, I never said that. It was actually Bryan who wrote almost all of the lyrics. The rest of the band can back him up on that.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Speaking of lyrics, has anyone else noticed the frankly obscene amount of Escape the Fate references in Falling In Reverse's new song?

"No way, not now, I won't back down" - clearly aimed at the song 'We Won't Back Down'
"Your what I started, now disregarded" - quite obvious really
"I've learned that my fate is something I can't escape" - again quite obvious
"This war is mine" - aimed at Escape The Fate's 2nd album titled 'This War Is Ours'

There are a couple of others like "one day they'll see, it was always me" which are basically Ronnie taking shots at ETF.

Now, I really don't give two shits about their dispute but I hope that Falling In Reverse's album isn't loaded with lyrics like these all the way through because it comes across as a little pathetic. Also it could arguably lead to people questioning Ronnie's lyrical ability if all he can write about is his conflicts with his old band.

Quote by _bacon_

Ronnie has 2 years of feelings to air through his music, it's clearly going to be ETF aimed because he hasn't given the chance to tell his side of the story...

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Ronnie has 2 years of feelings to air through his music, it's clearly going to be ETF aimed because he hasn't given the chance to tell his side of the story...

He's given numerous interviews prior to his official release from prison. I even recall one where he basically said he didn't give a shit about ETF and was just going to focus on Falling In Reverse. My point is, we all know what his views on ETF are and vice versa, no need for either group to continue aiming lyrics at each other or comment on the other in interviews.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
Speaking of lyrics, has anyone else noticed the frankly obscene amount of Escape the Fate references in Falling In Reverse's new song?

"No way, not now, I won't back down" - clearly aimed at the song 'We Won't Back Down'
"Your what I started, now disregarded" - quite obvious really
"I've learned that my fate is something I can't escape" - again quite obvious
"This war is mine" - aimed at Escape The Fate's 2nd album titled 'This War Is Ours'

There are a couple of others like "one day they'll see, it was always me" which are basically Ronnie taking shots at ETF.

Now, I really don't give two shits about their dispute but I hope that Falling In Reverse's album isn't loaded with lyrics like these all the way through because it comes across as a little pathetic. Also it could arguably lead to people questioning Ronnie's lyrical ability if all he can write about is his conflicts with his old band.

Escape The Fate not backing him up is (apparently) one of the reasons Ronnie went to jail, while he was in jail picking up soap (presumably) the band that he was a major part in went on to be pretty big, while singing his songs with a new vocalist. Said vocalist and the rest of the band actively spoke out against Ronnie while he was relatively speachless (in jail). These songs are a medium for him to get back at his old band for years of shit talking out against him.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if the majority of the lyrics were about anything other than Escape The Fate.

Quote by 08L1V10N
But why would I even take a band with a androgyn asian guitarist seriously? No honestly, ETF were never any good or innovative or whatever. I also don't understand why people think Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliche is a great song. The lyrics are ok but the melodies are a little bit hit and miss all the time

This all the way
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Quote by Gerard_xD
Escape The Fate not backing him up is (apparently) one of the reasons Ronnie went to jail, while he was in jail picking up soap (presumably) the band that he was a major part in went on to be pretty big, while singing his songs with a new vocalist. Said vocalist and the rest of the band actively spoke out against Ronnie while he was relatively speachless (in jail). These songs are a medium for him to get back at his old band for years of shit talking out against him.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if the majority of the lyrics were about anything other than Escape The Fate.

I doubt that ETF not backing him up was the main reason he went to jail, and in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if they were instructed by their label not to testify. I expect the label had lawyers look over the case extensively and if they knew there was no chance of Ronnie avoiding jail they would've told the band to fire Ronnie or pack their bags and look for a new label. As all labels do they would have doubtless wanted to make money off the band, Ronnie being in jail didn't exactly allow for this to happen, so it makes sense for the label to tell the band to fire Ronnie and get a new singer because that was the option that allowed them to make money. Also, try looking at it from the band's position. If I was in the band and had worked my ass off for years I wouldn't want my heroin addict of a singer to mess it up for me. I'm not defending the things they said about Ronnie but you can't blame them for being a little pissed off at him.

In any case, the arguments between both sides have been well publicised, Ronnie HAS had his say on numerous occasions prior to his release from jail. Don't try and make out that Ronnie hasn't said a word about ETF, he has, and subsequently I'd be a bit disappointed if all he does is write about ETF from now on.

Quote by _bacon_

That video reminds me so much of the good old Escape the Fate days, where their music videos were filled with humor and chicks.
Has anyone else listened to the whole album yet? It's ****ing brilliant. It really reminds me of old ETF but it's still different in a nice way.

Also the amount of references to craig and ETF is immense. My favourite is probably from tragic magic:

"I dug a hole
10 miles wide
So I could throw all of you inside.
You're such a dumb****
You need to shut up
You bring a picture of me everytime you get a haircut
Imposter! "
Page 1 of 2