Hi, just looking for a little thoughts on this. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPIa.dll?ViewItem&item=150546643063&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7056wt_1012 (Clearly I dont know how to do a hyperlink)

Im just wanting a new, cheap and cheerful, reliable, nice looking guitar. Im still in school, I dont have a heck of a lot of money, I mainly just play guitar for the fun of playing, jamming with friends etc, its unlikely I would be performing with this. Therefore I dont need a fantastic genuine, hand-made, arm-and-a-leg masterpiece. Im just wanting to hear some constructive comments on this Sheridan A100, and any thoughts on how it would sound playing a wide variety of stuff through my modest £100 Marshall amp.
Ill be honest, whats swaying me is the way it looks. (Im that shallow) But obviously I want something that will sound okay for jamming in my room or in school. I have wanted a Les Paul since I started playing, but to be quite honest, I am not a serious enough guitar player to invest a more than say, £200 in a guitar. (And frankly, I am not good enough to deserve one. Ha)
So any thoughts of whether this is a good deal, or if not, point me in the right direction of something thats right for me.

Thanks
[lUlLaBiEs tO pAraLyZE]
Personally, I'd think you'd be better off getting a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Before now I've picked up two for around £145 each and they have proved to be very good, solid guitars.

I don't see sense in buying a new guitar, used ones tend to hold value a lot better and when the time comes for you to sell them on, you don't lose much (if any value).
Ok thanks, I have seen a few of them actually and they look nice. Exactly how old were those £145 guitars and where did you get them? eBay?
[lUlLaBiEs tO pAraLyZE]
Quote by gunsandroses
Ok thanks, I have seen a few of them actually and they look nice. Exactly how old were those £145 guitars and where did you get them? eBay?

One was a '97; I bought that from a mate. The other was a '96 and I got that through eBay with a hardcase. The '90s versions tend to be better guitars than the new ones; they were made in Korea, now made in China.