Alright so I am strongly considering buying either a Jackson DK2T Dinky or a KE3 Kelly. I play metal but I also use my clean channel a lot. Which one?
i have a dinky with zakk wylde emg's and its an absolute beast! really nice clean sound too.
they're both going to be much-of-a-muchness in terms of ability to hit those tones- the bigger question is whether you want a trem or not. I'm not too fussed on the jt580LP jackson trem... though allegedly it's a direct swap for an OFR (haven't tried this myself so don't quote me on it )... but then that adds a lot of cost.

i'd go for the dk2t unless you really want a trem or really love the kelly shape (which admittedly is pretty awesome)- but if you do decide to go for the kelly, ideally you'd need to be willing to budget for a swap to an OFR down the line.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kingofstrings24
Alright so I am strongly considering buying either a Jackson DK2T Dinky or a KE3 Kelly. I play metal but I also use my clean channel a lot. Which one?

The only differences in the two are the shape and the bridge. Do you use the tremolo? Which shape do you like better? If you hate floaters, get the DK2T. Like the Kelly shape a lot more than the Dinky, and don't mind the LFR? Get the Kelly. Like the Kelly shape but don't like LFR's? Quit playing guitar.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
Jackson LFR's are pretty decent IMHO. Not as good as OFR or, say, Gotoh LFR, but with a good set-up they'll do a pretty good job.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah