Lately my clean channel has been sounding distorted and muffled. If I'm playing with no pedals it's fine and sounds normal, but if I'm playing through my distortion pedal the clean channel sounds distorted/muffled (even when the pedal is off)

So should I just get a new distortion pedal considering the clean channel is fine without it?
How horrible is your pedal? It probably is your pedal, or one of the leads you use to plug into your amp, basically just test as much individually as you can, try getting another amp on the clean channel and running your distortion through that.
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
Quote by sfedf1
How horrible is your pedal? It probably is your pedal, or one of the leads you use to plug into your amp, basically just test as much individually as you can, try getting another amp on the clean channel and running your distortion through that.

It's not really horrible. I've had it for a year and a half or two years and it's never done this before.

I guess I'll have to just try out different pedals/amps to figure it out :|
its probably a cable
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
How to test...

- Try the guitar without the pedal into the amp
OK now? It's the pedal that making trouble.
Not OK? Try a different guitar.
OK now? Cool. Your first guitar sucks.
Still bad? Try a different cable?
OK now? Your first cable sucks. Get a new one.
Still bad? Blow up your amp for being a little b*tch.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!