This is a post-rock/post-metal track I wrote based on the concept of someone walking away. I think it came out well but if anyone has anything to add I'll happily try it out .
Also C4C.
Attachments:
an escape nonetheless.gp5
an escape nonetheless.mid
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I liked it, it sounded like post-rock so you definitely got that right. The chord progression sounds sweet and the melody fits in but I can't find it to be sad. I thought you wrote about someone walking away. I dunno maybe it's a happy thing?

So yea the chord progression becomes repetitive around bar 61, so what i'd do is I'd change the chords around. That way it keeps the listener's interest better.

Also you could add bass to make it sound more deep you know.

btw, if you could crit mine? it's under the name of Metal w/ jazz, tech etc.
Last edited by IheardUlikepie at Jun 3, 2011,
Thanks, I'll try and work on it and see if I can have anything new done on it soon
Ben

GEAR:
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I think this could really benefit from a bass track.

Also, consider adding some variation. For example, for Track 5, in bars 37, 38, 39, 41, 42, and 43, I changed the "14 14" part to "17 15" just to add some change, and I felt like it made a difference. I'm not saying to make that change specifically, but that this piece could benefit from some added variation.

Overall, it's an okay track; it's fairly relaxing, and pleasant to listen to. However, I feel like it could be improved on by quite a bit.

C4C? The link in my sig (A Pain Worth Bearing) contains a lot of Post Rock-type stuff.
Thanks for the input, I'll have a look at your link and see if there's anything I can input
Ben

GEAR:
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.