So I've recently gotten into this guy, and I must say I have been blown away. The man was very versatile, at home playing blues, folk, or even ragtime. I bring to you his version of Samson and Delilah.

I'm considering covering this, I love it so much. I think it'd sound really raw to do it acappella. Especially if I could play it at one of the house shows in this town, with the crowd beating on the walls for the rhythm. Once the chorus came, Jesus will come back.

Dave Van Ronk - Samson and Delilah
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Back when I started playing in the mid-70s, lots of the local folkie crowd were still doing Van Ronk covers. We had a duo that really tore up the Samson & Delilah version...
As well, the "Teddy Bear's Picnic" was a local favorite.
Our favorite troubador, Tom Russel, used to hang with Van Ronk back in the day, and he dedicated much of his album "Hot Walker" to Van Ronk and other folk-revival era musicians.

Other guys in the same vein include David Bromberg, who also hung out with that crowd in the early days.
I'm currently incorporating Van Ronk's version of Hesitation Blues into my song list.
Quote by Bikewer
Back when I started playing in the mid-70s, lots of the local folkie crowd were still doing Van Ronk covers. We had a duo that really tore up the Samson & Delilah version...
As well, the "Teddy Bear's Picnic" was a local favorite.
Our favorite troubador, Tom Russel, used to hang with Van Ronk back in the day, and he dedicated much of his album "Hot Walker" to Van Ronk and other folk-revival era musicians.

Other guys in the same vein include David Bromberg, who also hung out with that crowd in the early days.
I'm currently incorporating Van Ronk's version of Hesitation Blues into my song list.

Ahh, I got my best friend into Van Ronk recently, and he responded by immediately showing me Bromberg.

This has led me to Gary Davis, also.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
I just recently got Last Call off iTunes, because I read the lyrics in a book. What are some other good tunes to check out?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."